Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No kokes on the nelle
Put in another day on Jordanelle searching for kokes with no sucess.
We worked the east wall of rockcliff arm using pink, orange, chartruese,
Opaque dodger squid combo’s Without success. We did run a surface 
Rapala on one line just to keep some rainbow action going. Lots of rainbow
Action to keep the trip fun.

Where are the KOKES . ?
What size were the Bows.
I was there looking for kokes in my kayak today as well. I didn’t have any luck finding them but I can confirm the rainbows were hitting my rapalas as well. It was a nice day out there. No wind at all.
(05-29-2021, 02:00 AM)Ramen4Breakfast Wrote: I was there looking for kokes in my kayak today as well. I didn’t have any luck finding them but I can confirm the rainbows were hitting my rapalas as well. It was a nice day out there. No wind at all.

You must have left early, the wind picked up in the afternoon a fair bit.  No Kokes for us, either.  We worked the area in front of the dam, back into the Rock Cliff arm.  Didn't mark any, fished the usual stuff from 5' down to 40'.  I could use some advice as I haven't fished there much.

Caught a few nice sized 'bows, brought a couple home.  I've heard they're excellent on the table but my wife is skeptical.  We'll see.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
I’ll second that, we started at 6am. Two down riggers with stackers and one lead line. Hit all the usual Koke places, all depths. Only missed one at the boat by 10:30.
(05-29-2021, 12:13 AM)komatsu-mike Wrote: What size were the Bows.

Bows were around 15 “ and thick, Good fight on ultra light rod
I think its looking grim for Kokes this year at Jordy as I mentioned in earlier "Possible Tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle Theory" post. By this time last year I had 5 good trips with limits was on them every trip and it lasted thru the summer. In looking back at Pics it was mostly all nice sized fish not many small ones. I think they are being eaten before they can get big enough to escape all the hungry mouths of the Wipers, Tiger Musky, Splake, Cutts SMB and Browns.
Still hoping it changes and I'm wrong but its not turning out so good so far.
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(05-29-2021, 11:46 PM)Mildog Wrote: I think its looking grim for Kokes this year at Jordy as I mentioned in earlier "Possible Tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle Theory" post. By this time last year I had 5 good trips with limits was on them every trip and it lasted thru the summer. In looking back at Pics it was mostly all nice sized fish not many small ones. I think they are being eaten before they can get big enough to escape all the hungry mouths of the Wipers, Tiger Musky, Splake, Cutts SMB and Browns.
Still hoping it changes and I'm wrong but its not turning out so good so far.
Mildog out

You may be right.  I had surface clutter down to about 10', but didn't mark anything deeper except for very few at about 50'.
Single main, no kicker. Wink