Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 15
Arrived at WB South marina about 0720 this morning. Could see the main lake area white capping. Got boat all ready and launched, then stayed tied to the dock till about 0800 when wind calmed.  

Trolled random S turns out to the east side of the "openness" varied lures, speeds for about 1.5 hours. Ended up circled back around near Freeway Bay.  Decided to set out baited lines and drift.  Had several hits and strips at the baits, then one Kitty got a bit to greedy and took the hook.  Boated a WBCCC  (Willard Bay Cookie Cutter Catfish). 

I had seen a DNR truck with a boat trailer in the parking area near docks, but never saw the boat.  Then about 10 minutes after I dropped that 1 Catfish into the live well (my invitation to come home for dinner) 3 guys in civilian clothes, in a blue and white Bayliner (I think) came up on my starboard side ( my lines were out the port side) they identified themselves as DNR, and said they were checking fishing licenses.  Pretty sneaky   Big Grin .  I showed them my license, exchanged a few pleasantries, they said thanks, and I said I was glad to see  them out there.  

By about 1130, the power squadron was making their presence seen, heard, and felt. So wrapped it all up and headed in. 
Just got boat out and secured to trailer and was heading for the cleaning station when I met up with obifishkenobi and Fast Randy . Had a nice conversation, cleaned my one Kitty, bagged her up and headed home.  She is waiting to be deep fried in peanut oil in a couple hours.    Cool  . 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
hey TC, no skunk, can't beat that! Have a nice dinner and enjoy your weekend!
Great post Forest. When the cats start bitting at UL. I come down and we'll both get a room in Springville and fish together a couple days.