Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Day Similar Result
Randy and I started our morning at 6:30am at Lincoln Beach Utah Lake and battled the wind until 10:30 and decided to pull out and head back to Willard, we fished the same area doing the same thing as yesterday and caught 9 walleye 3 on lipless cranks and 6 on the perchnn by pattern worm harness bottom bouncing between 2-2.5mph

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-30-2021, 03:42 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Randy and I started our morning at 6:30am at Lincoln Beach Utah Lake and battled the wind until 10:30 and decided to pull out and head back to Willard, we fished the same area doing the same thing as yesterday and caught 9 walleye 3 on lipless cranks and 6 on the perchnn by pattern worm harness bottom bouncing between 2-2.5mph

Way to go you two. Were you pulling worm harness on BBers at 2-2.5 mph? And is that what you did the day before?
Sure looks like you got Willard figured out, that's a nice catch for sure. At those speeds my guess is your BB aren't truly bouncing but it does just get you down to bottom nicely? No cats or wiper? Surprising that we caught as many small wiper on our BB as we did on the flicker shads, but never caught a cat.
Well done, great eating mess of fish
(05-30-2021, 12:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:42 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Randy and I started our morning at 6:30am at Lincoln Beach Utah Lake and battled the wind until 10:30 and decided to pull out and head back to Willard, we fished the same area doing the same thing as yesterday and caught 9 walleye 3 on lipless cranks and 6 on the perchnn by pattern worm harness bottom bouncing between 2-2.5mph

Way to go you two. Were you pulling worm harness on BBers at 2-2.5 mph? And is that what you did the day before?

Yes, 50-70’ set backs on 2oz. Ok bottom bouncers, 100’ set backs on the on the cranks.

(05-30-2021, 04:19 PM)jjannie Wrote: Sure looks like you got Willard figured out, that's a nice catch for sure. At those speeds my guess is your BB aren't truly bouncing but it does just get you down to bottom nicely? No cats or wiper?  Surprising that we caught as many small wiper on our BB as we did on the flicker shads, but never caught a cat.

The bottom bouncers where set back 50-70’ they would tick the bottom on inside turns.

(05-30-2021, 12:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Yes, 50-70’ set backs on 2oz. Ok bottom bouncers, 100’ set backs on the on the cranks.
Have you ever thought about using snap weights or banana weights? I know jjannie uses the same method you are using but since I have those snap weights and banana weights, I just use those.
(05-30-2021, 10:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Have you ever thought about using snap weights or banana weights? I know jjannie uses the same method you are using but since I have those snap weights and banana weights, I just use those.

I think the wire on the bottom  bouncers  keeps my worm harness a  little off of the bottom above the silt floating around tight on the bottom.
Were you using them on side planners or straight out the back?
(05-30-2021, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Were you using them on side planners or straight out the back?

Bottom bouncers off the sides no planer boards and the cranks straight back on the corners of the boat.
(05-30-2021, 11:18 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Were you using them on side planners or straight out the back?

Bottom bouncers off the sides no planer boards and the cranks straight back on the corners of the boat.

Got ya, good luck tomorrow.