Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 heading to the home stretch
Randy and I launched about 6:30 this morning at Prove Harbor and blasted off and headed south to one off his favorite patches of weeds. I got one 25” 5lb. Cat on shrimp below a bomber in 1.5’ of water, thought we where on to something until I got a little brave and got a little stuck and had to get out in ankle deep water and push the boat off after that we went out to bird island and got a white bass. Next we ran over to knolls and fished the read line with bobbers then strolled Fligs out to 7ft. of water and got 1 bullhead. Called it a day at noon now I’m charging batteries and prepping the boat to chase kokes at the Berry tomorrow. Pulling out of my place at 3:00am launching around 5am.

Attached Files Image(s)

That one looks like a good fish... way to go... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thats a nice big old cat Shawn, way to go. How did your Berry trip go?
I can answer that, Curt. Shawn invited me along. It was a beautiful day though it started out at 32° and was nearly 90° when I got back into the valley. Not such a great day for catching. I managed to reel in a nice koke but lost it at the net. Otherwise it was a few typical cutthroats. When we were paying our parking fee we ran into Brookie. He was waiting for a friend who was going out with him. We kept in touch and he was stuck at zero all morning, too. Later in the morning he told us that they had just caught 3 kokes in short order over on the Soldier Creek side. We boogied over there and fished near him but it was not to be. We had to get out of there by noon so Shawn could get home to his birthday fish fry. If you want to know how I feel about a kokeless* day check my new signature out below. It was also a good day for me to get down how you use downriggers. I took notes for when I get out on my own.

*I did have a Pepsi, though.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I figured that was why he did not post a report, I and many others rarely post fishing reports when the catching is poor. Thanks Craig