Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture problem workaround
Until we get the picture posting situation fixed, here is a workaround for any pictures that show so large you can only see part of them.  Right click on the picture and then click on the prompt: "Open image in new tab".  Presto, the picture will appear in the right size.

Not a permanent fix but something to keep the blood pressure down.
(06-03-2021, 08:21 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Until we get the picture posting situation fixed, here is a workaround for any pictures that show so large you can only see part of them.  Right click on the picture and then click on the prompt: "Open image in new tab".  Presto, the picture will appear in the right size.

Pat, while we were sending PM's back and forth the tech guy emailed me and said the automatic resizer is working again. Let me try and attach a big pic file. Thanks much for posting this.

[Image: 20200821-155708.jpg]
looks like it's working.
 The "Add image to post" command box is back on and seems top be working. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-03-2021, 11:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:21 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Until we get the picture posting situation fixed, here is a workaround for any pictures that show so large you can only see part of them.  Right click on the picture and then click on the prompt: "Open image in new tab".  Presto, the picture will appear in the right size.

Pat, while we were sending PM's back and forth the tech guy emailed me and said the automatic resizer is working again. Let me try and attach a big pic file. Thanks much for posting this.

looks like it's working.

(06-04-2021, 11:17 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

looks like it's working.
It might be working for you, but on my computer we are right back where we started.  The images do not show.  And BFT is the only website on which I have any problems.  As I told you yesterday, the techs at Centurylink told me that there are some "issues" when connecting to the picture function on BFT.  Not totally secure.  Here is the message I get when I click on the link for the missing picture:
detected a potential security threat and did not continue to ibb.co because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

ibb.co has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
As I said in the PM, I sent this message to the Tech guy right after you told me and he said he would get right on it. Hopefully they will figures it out asap.
Is anyone else having the problem the Pat is having, where you can't see the pic above, if so please let me know what Browser you are using, Pat is using Firefox, I'm using Chrome.
(06-04-2021, 01:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: As I said in the PM, I sent this message to the Tech guy right after you told me and he said he would get right on it. Hopefully they will figures it out asap.
Is anyone else having the problem the Pat is having, where you can't see the pic above, if so please let me know what Browser you are using, Pat is using Firefox, I'm using Chrome.

Curt, I can see that pic. I'm using Chrome. It seems all my photo view and post have returned to what they were, ALMOST.

I got a notice yesterday I could only add 10 images.  Never seen that before and have seen lot more than 10 images included in posts.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Okay.  Switched to Chrome.  Get a similar message:
[color= var(--heading-color)][font="Segoe UI", Tahoma, sans-serif]Your connection is not private[/font][/color]

[font="Segoe UI", Tahoma, sans-serif]Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ibb.co (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). [color= var(--link-color)]Learn more[/font][/color]

That ibb.co site that posts the pictures is not secure...according to several browsers.
(06-04-2021, 03:00 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Okay.  Switched to Chrome.  Get a similar message:
[color= var(--heading-color)][font="Segoe UI", Tahoma, sans-serif]Your connection is not private[/font][/color]

[font="Segoe UI", Tahoma, sans-serif]Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ibb.co (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). [color= var(--link-color)]Learn more[/font][/color]

That ibb.co site that posts the pictures is not secure...according to several browsers.

Maybe it's your internet provider Pat, did you tell me you used Centurylink? If so, we will have to see if other members with Centurylink are having similar problems.
(06-04-2021, 04:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 03:00 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Okay.  Switched to Chrome.  Get a similar message:

Maybe it's your internet provider Pat, did you tell me you used Centurylink? If so, we will have to see if other members with Centurylink are having similar problems.

A strong chance it is a Centurylink thing.  But I talked with their techs and they assured me that there was a glitch in that picture website (ibb.co) that was the culprit.  In other words, they are protecting me from myself...and there is no way the system can be tweaked to overlook it.  As long as I have Centurylink and as long as BFT uses that website for pics I will be out of action. 

Again, I have absolutely no problems with any other website (without Phillipine techs).  I have a modern computer, good software, effective virus control, registry problem fixer, photo editing tools, and at least a smattering of knowledge on computerology.  I am reasonably certain the problem is not just with my equipment or software.
(06-04-2021, 01:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: As I said in the PM, I sent this message to the Tech guy right after you told me and he said he would get right on it. Hopefully they will figures it out asap.

test pic using chrome
[Image: DSC00039.jpg]
Thanks Lee, what internet provider do you have?
(06-04-2021, 05:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks Lee, what internet provider do you have?

Comcast
(06-04-2021, 10:21 PM)lee! Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 05:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks Lee, what internet provider do you have?

Comcast

OK, thanks Lee, same provider I have.