Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you seen Cookie's thumb?
Decided to pop over to Willard this evening. Went to the north marina dock. According to Cowboy's Deeper Chirp the area surrounding the dock is only 7 feet deep and the water temp was 82. Knew we were not in ideal conditions but decided to wait for sunset and see what happened. As soon as the sun went down picked up 2 that were 24 inches. The real excitement was when I went to throw mine back, somehow my thumb ended up in his mouth and CHOMP..He was not going to let go. I thought I was going in with him. So if you happen to catch a Willard cat with the skin off my thumb, I would like it back. Much obliged.
I know how you feel Cookie.
I’d like my thumb back also!
I told Cookie the secret to keeping the skin on your thumb was to not put it in the mouth of a fish that has a #6 circle hook still attached. I am still icing my butt. Oddly enough it did not hurt her foot a bit.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
The thing I hate most is when they pretend they are all tired out, but then chomp down on those big, thick circle hooks and refuse to let you extract it from their hard rubbery mouths. You can barely get one hand around to grip them, but you have to pry open their jaws, while still holding a slippery fish as long and strong as your arm PROPERLY so he can't bite you, spike you with a 2" spine, or suddenly swap the hook out from him to you.

Having an inexperienced person hold the fish so you can use both hands on the mouth end SOUNDS like a good idea, but it isn't.