Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fontenelle 6-03-2012
Met up 2knots at his Cache Valley home 0330. We ventured off thru Logan Canyon taking in the darkness with conversation traveling to Fontenelle on backroads. Its been years since I've been on these roads past Bear L heading towards Wyoming but travel was good. We got on the water about 0630ish and first rods in near 0700. It didn't take very long to see action. My first 4 hookups were Browns, Alan was getting into the kokes and 3 in the box before I knew it. It turns out that the kokes were high in the column so I raised my presentation and went a longer setback. Koke on from then on with occasional Brown & Bow hookups in the mix. We lost about 12+ kokes, caught our limits of 6ea, boated about 10+ Browns & about a half a dozen of Bows, Browns/Bows released. This was one epic day trip, we couldn't have asked for a better morning with a slight breeze & no sheep in the pen. We were off the water before 1000.  

Alan taking in a beautiful
cool morning
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Fontenelle looking back
towards dam

Koke limits

[/url][url=https://ibb.co/F6MbNcN]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Fun trip, glad to have you along on another adventure. The planning has started for round 2
Great report, been a very long time since I’ve fished Fontenelle.
strong work stoked to see it fishing well
last i pulled up it was at 31% capacity
still that low?
the been closed for years gas station used to have some impressive polaroid photo books
of hogs harvested in the 80's and 90's
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(06-05-2021, 01:08 PM)fishskibum Wrote: strong work stoked to see it fishing well
last i pulled up it was at 31% capacity
still that low?
the been closed for years gas station used to have some impressive polaroid photo books
of hogs harvested in the 80's and 90's

It's showing 48% today.  

Wyoming (Green River basin) almost had a normal snowpack this year so hopefully it will keep getting better.
Bduck,

Great report! Happy to hear you had a safe, and successful trip! It was good meeting you the other day at Sportsmans.
(06-08-2021, 03:21 AM)sliverslinger Wrote: Bduck,

Great report! Happy to hear you had a safe, and successful trip! It was good meeting you the other day at Sportsmans.

Likewise my friend, SW is a good place at times to meet fellow sportsmen's and have good engaging conversations.  Cool
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF