Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture posting problems have been fixed but......
Are any members still having problems seeing pics? How about sending pics when sending PM's? Any other problems that have not been brought up? Please include what internet provider you are using, if you are having problems. You can send me a PM if you like. Here is a link to the original thread:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/show...id=1098282
So it appears that only members using Centurylink are having this issue, we are trying to get an idea on how many members use this internet provider, so I'm going to post a Poll where I ask that question. Please at least vote on the thread, no reply will be necessary, so we can get an idea how many of you are having this issue, thanks.
Did not see the poll, at least not yet.

I seem to be fine, but I am Xfinity.
Maybe also ask if the pictures are working with CenturyLink.

It seemed like it was working for me on my WiFi with CenturyLink.

I'll check when I get home from work.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(06-17-2021, 11:26 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Did not see the poll, at least not yet.

I seem to be fine, but I am Xfinity.

Sorry, I can't get the poll to work, it says I can attach a poll but I have no idea how that would work, so I turned that problem over to the tech guy to solve. I'm with Xfinity as well with zero issues on posting pics.
(06-17-2021, 11:32 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Maybe also ask if the pictures are working with CenturyLink.

It seemed like it was working for me on my WiFi with CenturyLink.

I'll check when I get home from work.

That is the issue, Centurylink will not allow some members to see pics that are added with the "add image to post" below. Yes please check, if you can see this pic below and are using Centurylink, you are the first member to be able to do that, at least that I'm aware of. Thanks
[Image: Dan-s-boat.jpg]
Yep I can see the picture on both my phone using chrome and on my laptop using edge. All on a CenturyLink WiFi network.

[Image: Screenshot-20210618-030257.png]

[Image: IMG-20210618-030741204.jpg]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thank you so much for the reply, you are the first member with centurylink that has told me that they are not having an issue with the pics. Maybe there is some hope here after all. We will just have to figure out what is different in your setup compared to the others. Awesome!!
Xfinity here also
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(06-18-2021, 11:54 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply, you are the first member with centurylink that has told me that they are not having an issue with the pics. Maybe there is some hope here after all. We will just have to figure out what is different in your setup compared to the others. Awesome!!
A WiFi connection is different than a direct connect through cable.  That might make the difference.
I'm on Comcast at home on my desktop pc with Chrome browser- no problems.
On AT&T on my phone - no problems.
I did notice yesterday that the photo post tool has changed format, but it seemed to work ok.

[Image: 20210617-073416.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-18-2021, 01:53 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 11:54 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply, you are the first member with centurylink that has told me that they are not having an issue with the pics. Maybe there is some hope here after all. We will just have to figure out what is different in your setup compared to the others. Awesome!!
A WiFi connection is different than a direct connect through cable.  That might make the difference.

We have two desktop computers.  One is hard wired to the Internet and the other is connected through wifi.  I can not see any pictures attached to fishing reports on BFT on either computer.  If I use my smartphone, I also can not see the pictures (connected to the Internet through my home wifi); however, if I disconnect from my home wifi I can see the pictures on my smartphone.