Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzzer beater LB 6/9
I got my wife and second oldest boy up at 5:30am and got to lake by 6:45am. It didn't take us long to get launched and start heading north to bird island. But after about a mile it went from smooth to really choppy. So we turned around around and went to the BS. We fished there for 45 minutes or so and only had 2 bites no hookups. So I took us over to in front of the old boat launch area in front of the orchards. Nothing but a couple of aggressive hits but again no hookups. So we went back over towards the BS and trolled 0.8 mph east and 1.1 mph back west just as we were going to give up so I could get back home to my father, I got a hookup. I got that fish in the boat and was trying to get the hook out when the second rod went bendo. My wife reeled in this one which is her first fish this year measuring 23.5". Mine was 26" no bumper. That ended our day the last 2 minutes we got a double which was cool but man it was slow. But nice too get boat out
Still, glad you got some love. Wink
(06-10-2021, 03:39 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: It didn't take us long to get launched and start heading north to bird island. But after about a mile it went from smooth to really choppy. So we turned around around and went to the BS.

Too bad you didn't keep going, we could have used some company out at Bird Island.
My two grandsons and I were down there Sunday and caught 8 between 7 and 9.30 then it all stoped. Had trouble with boat motor spent 20 minutes getting it to run. We were using shrimp and nothing else. All fish were good size between 24 and 26 inches.
(06-10-2021, 01:18 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 03:39 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: It didn't take us long to get launched and start heading north to bird island. But after about a mile it went from smooth to really choppy. So we turned around around and went to the BS.

Too bad you didn't keep going, we could have used some company out at Bird Island.

I want sure how bad it was out that far and my wife and son were nervous for one, and two with this new to me boat and it's size I'm still experimenting with anchors and finding ones that hold. I have chains which I didn't have before, and I have 20 lb navy anchors now.
The windiest part of the day was early in the morning, which is unusual. The calmest time was in the late afternoon (it was dead calm) when it was forecast to be windy.
Kent, how did you do at Bird. I was going to go tomorrow but with 22 mph winds today, I'm waiting for Saturday and Sunday.

(06-11-2021, 12:48 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Kent, how did you do at Bird. I was going to go tomorrow but with 22 mph winds today, I'm waiting for Saturday and Sunday.

And I forgot to say thanks for your great reports. As most of you know I mostly use shrimp also.
(06-11-2021, 12:48 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Kent, how did you do at Bird. I was going to go tomorrow but with 22 mph winds today, I'm waiting for Saturday and Sunday.

And I forgot to say thanks for your great reports. As most of you know I mostly use shrimp also.

We caught some, at Bird Island, but we did better at another location.  It is just too bad that the other location has so many snags.