Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back at Lincoln
Fished at Lincoln Beach today with CatRat. My first time back on the water after being sidelined with some hoof surgery. Catrat helped me hoist my sorry carcass into the boat and  we launched at about 5:30. Our plan was to get out and ketch 'em and get off the water before it got too hot. The water temp varied between 71 and 75 degrees. The carp and the cats seem to be well into their love cycle.

We started at the Knolls and picked up three good fish but the action was slow. Headed back to the springs area and did much better. We used white bass for bait and ended up with about 15 cats, all 25 to 27 inches long. They were all well-fed and feisty with big heads and pot bellies. The males were into their dark coloration, a couple almost totally black. Also caught some purrty females that were green with white bellies. Returned to the launch area and were out and on our way to a Diet Coke by 10:00. A fun day with some good fish.

Water in the channel was about 3.5 to 4 feet deep -- no trouble launching... for now.

BLK
Good on ya.  Glad you were able to get afloat and get bendo too.  Great therapy for whatever ails ya.

You know that "yardlong" is waiting for you out there...somewhere.
Hey Lynn, glad to hear you are back up and about, even with help.  I've made 2 trips to UL so far, and was thinking about another one mid week next week (Wed-Thur).  Think I go out thru LB this trip, while the channel is still deep enough. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-05-2021, 11:20 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hey Lynn, glad to hear you are back up and about, even with help.  I've made 2 trips to UL so far, and was thinking about another one mid week next week (Wed-Thur).  Think I go out thru LB this trip, while the channel is still deep enough. 

Way to go Lynn.  Forest,  windfinder shows 20 mph afternoon winds Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, so I was thinking Friday and Saturday.
(06-06-2021, 06:08 PM)fast_randy Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 11:20 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hey Lynn, glad to hear you are back up and about, even with help.  I've made 2 trips to UL so far, and was thinking about another one mid week next week (Wed-Thur).  Think I go out thru LB this trip, while the channel is still deep enough. 

Way to go Lynn.  Forest,  windfinder shows 20 mph afternoon winds Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, so I was thinking Friday and Saturday.

Randy--  I pm'd Forest with the same bleak forecast. I'm hoping for another trip later this week. I'll fish from shore for a fresh supply of wb while the wind blows itself out. Sure am anxious to get back at 'em.
As much as it Saddens me to hear the forecast as my wife had Wednesday off i was hoping to get her out and mostly me that day I hadn't checked the forecast so I could have drove out there to find the waves and been disappointed to have made the trek for nothing. I'll still get the batteries charged and watch the forecast now and make a break for any chance I can get out there..
(06-06-2021, 09:03 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote:

Randy--  I pm'd Forest with the same bleak forecast. I'm hoping for another trip later this week. I'll fish from shore for a fresh supply of wb while the wind blows itself out. Sure am anxious to get back at 'em.

Lynn, Randy.... I see those forecasts, but not sure how late in the afternoon.  I am usually off the water by noon-ish. So I might go anyway. If it's too windy early in the day, I might find a piece of shore line to cast for WB.

Cool
Good to hear you getting out and finding some action, and still some water, remember to stay away form the middle of the dock with the water dropping, as long as you keep the bow to the middle and push away before putting it in gear. hopefully we get to launch for the rest of the year.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(06-06-2021, 10:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

Lynn, Randy.... I see those forecasts, but not sure how late in the afternoon.  I am usually off the water by noon-ish. So I might go anyway. If it's too windy early in the day, I might find a piece of shore line to cast for WB.

I got a room at dog friendly Motel 6 in Lehi for Friday night. I should get to LB and be in the water by 9 Friday. And hit it at daybreak Saturday.
(06-07-2021, 04:10 PM)fast_randy Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 10:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

I got a room at dog friendly Motel 6 in Lehi for Friday night. I should get to LB and be in the water by 9 Friday. And hit it at daybreak Saturday.

Good luck to ya Randy.  The winds are gonna keep me home this week, and maybe next week.  Be safe, don't take any excessive risk out on UL. It's only fish.

Cool
I'm planning to take my grandson to Provo Harbor Saturday for Free Fishing Day. But I'll be watching the wind forecast - my Tracker Classic is not a big waves boat.

If you have not seen this website, it is excellent: https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/provo_utah_lake

For other places, click on "Back to Maps"
(06-08-2021, 09:53 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm planning to take my grandson to Provo Harbor Saturday for Free Fishing Day. But I'll be watching the wind forecast - my Tracker Classic is not a big waves boat.

If you have not seen this website, it is excellent:  https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/provo_utah_lake

For other places, click on "Back to Maps"

Yes Rocky, Craig told me about it and that's what I've been using. It says it will be good Frid, Sat. And Sunday.