Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandaddy Lake Uintas
A few of us got up early and drove to the Grandview Trailhead for a day trip into Grandaddy Lake. Road was dry and the lake was open with the cutthroat spawn going strong. The daughter and her friend (both college professors, one at Illinois and the other at BYU) had a great time catch and release. Used fly and bubble until we were tired of fishing and catching. This is always a fun quick trip.
Nice...beautiful country up there...my last time at Granddaddy was about 20 years ago, with two scout troops..We spent one nite at Granddaddy, then continued up/around the trailhead to the 'Four Lakes Basin' for the rest of the week..Very memorable backpack trip,
with plenty of willing brookies and some cutts for all who tried..
I have been focused on the kokanee at Strawberry, but it is hard to resist that first week after ice off in the high country, especially when your daughter comes for a visit and wants to go back where you took her as a kid.
(06-09-2021, 04:48 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Nice...beautiful country up there...my last time at Granddaddy was about 20 years ago, with two scout troops..We spent one nite at Granddaddy, then continued up/around the trailhead to the 'Four Lakes Basin' for the rest of the week..Very memorable backpack trip,
with plenty of willing brookies and some cutts for all who tried..

My favorite Boy Scout tripĀ as a kid was to the Granddadies. Nice to hear the fishing is still good. Thanks Brookie.
You are tough to go in there for a day trip! Well done.
I find a day trip the easy way. Although that area is a beautiful place to camp, I am not much for sleeping on the ground anymore.
Great area in there as long as you're not trying to find firewood for a campfire. That place was picked clean last time I was there 7-8 years ago. Glad to hear the fishing is still good!