Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at the bay (warning kitty alert
I fished with TD yesterday.  When we got back to the ramp, he was kind enough to gift me his leftover BELH minnows.  Took the boat today instead of the kayak and fished the feedlot same as Friday.  Yesterday, fishing was ok but a little slow.  Today, it was much better. Kitties had moved into 8 or 9 FOW versus 12 or 13 yesterday.  By 10:30, the minnows were gone so I switched to night crawlers. Many fish caught and released.  The yacht club run me off the water by 11:30.  Pat, thanks again for the minnows.
(06-12-2021, 06:44 PM)FatBiker Wrote: I fished with TD yesterday.  When we got back to the ramp, he was kind enough to gift me his leftover BELH minnows.  Took the boat today instead of the kayak and fished the feedlot same as Friday.  Yesterday, fishing was ok but a little slow.  Today, it was much better. Kitties had moved into 8 or 9 FOW versus 12 or 13 yesterday.  By 10:30, the minnows were gone so I switched to night crawlers. Many fish caught and released.  The yacht club run me off the water by 11:30.  Pat, thanks again for the minnows.

Welcome, you are, oh kittyfish Jedi.  Glad you put those chublets to good use and you didn't use them for sushi...as I admonished.

One old goober came over to look at my paltry 4 fish yesterday at the cleaning station and announced that he and his boat crew "couldn't keep the catfish off".  Also mentioned they had caught an 8 pounder.  Still a few bigguns in the lake but I'll settle for a feisty CC any day...both for tugs and for the table.