Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limits increased at Otter creek
Just saw on KSL Outdoors that they will be draining Otter creek and limits will be increased to:
8 trout
6 wipers
12 sm bass
Not sure why they are draining the lake but my guess would be for dam repairs, anyone know for sure why it's being mostly drained?
Draining may be an overstatement, there is simply too little water for the farmers and they have first rights to the water.

If I recall correctly, and I probably do not, there is a "conversation pool" but it is so small that if they take it down to that point too early, the heat will stress and kill many, if not most, of the trout.  Family lived down south for years and years and I have seen this before, but I had hopped to never see it again.

No, no dam repairs.
(06-13-2021, 01:32 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Just saw on KSL Outdoors that they will be draining Otter creek and limits will be increased to:
8 trout
6 wipers
12 sm bass
Not sure why they are draining the lake but my guess would be for dam repairs, anyone know for sure why it's being mostly drained?

The whole Sevier river system is terrible as far as water goes this year and farmers gotta grow their thirsty alfalfa, so goodbye blue-ribbon fishery for a while.
Wow, if that's the case that could mean a lot of other lakes could follow this year.
Send all that otter creek water down to yuba and shut down the pumps! Fill er up!
(06-13-2021, 01:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, if that's the case that could mean a lot of other lakes could follow this year.
10 different water bodies have increased limits now in preparation for what is going on.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/news/utah-wild...odies.html
(06-13-2021, 02:59 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Send all that otter creek water down to yuba and shut down the pumps! Fill er up!

20 fish limit at Yuba doesn't sound like a good sign. Is there any conservation pool on that fishery?
(06-13-2021, 09:19 PM)Envenomation09 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 02:59 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Send all that otter creek water down to yuba and shut down the pumps! Fill er up!

20 fish limit at Yuba doesn't sound like a good sign. Is there any conservation pool on that fishery?

Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you but it seems to me there is no conservation pool at Yuba.
(06-13-2021, 09:57 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 09:19 PM)Envenomation09 Wrote:

Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you but it seems to me there is no conservation pool at Yuba.

That is what I was thinking as well.
Yeah, no way Otter was going to survive this summer. It's been slipping for that last 3+years. That place used to be a tank bow fishery, hopefully one day it'll get back there.