Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek 6/11 6/12 report
Took my wife and dog for a break from the heat with a little fishing this weekend.
Fished for kokes for about 3 hours Friday afternoon from 2 till 5 not my favorite time to fish but wind was not too bad and that’s when we got on the water. Picked up 5 kokes and lost a couple, one was a nice one at the boat, most were around 15 inches. Also caught 2 rainbows and 6 small cutts. Silver dodger pink squid 15,  25 and 30 feet on downrigger at about 1.5 to 1.6 mph.
Went out Saturday didn’t get on water till about 10 (mostly camp chill trip for my wife) fished for 2 1/2 to 3 hours got 3 more Kokes lost 3 one was another dandy, 19 to 20 inch range, it  jumped and waved goodbye right at the boat. Got 2 more 14” bows and a couple cutts. One at 15 feet the other action was at 25 feet. Silver and pink combo at the same speed was the ticket. I have a feeling had I been able to get out earlier and for longer we could have limited. All in all it was decent for the time on water.
I Was going to run out to try for a few more kokes this morning (sun) but the wind was picking up and forecast for more wind, so we just chilled and headed home.
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Great information. Thanks.
Sounds like a great weekend...wife, dog, and fish to boot....can't hardly beat that!