Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another lincolin beach report
Sorry Lynn, couldn't help it.

Vi and I went out again this morning. We could see that Lynn was ahead of us by quite a bit , there were no water marks on the ramp. We headed east again as we did last Wed. and Thur. we wanted to try an area we fished last year where we had boated a couple of good ones. Not so today. I did pull in a 26" male that appeared to have been clipped by someones prop. A hair deeper would have gotten his spine. We did not catch the numbers to day but we each got a bumper. A 27" for me and Vi beat me again with a 30.5". I don't know why I put up with her other than she is good company, doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, reminds me what to do and she can put the boat on the trailer pretty darn good. She is too short to be able to see the trailer well enough to back it down the ramp or I would credit her for that also. It's just that she always is one up on me.

I think we released 14 this morning.

Our goal was to be off the water by 1200, we were a half hour late, the instinct for another take over come me. It paid off.

It was a good morning, especially when the breeze let up.

We'll be back out trying again soon I hope.

rj
Hey Richard...nicely done...You using catnip to attract all those kitties?..Sounds like a great A.M. on the water...
Noce job! Only been to Lincoln Beach about 3 times may have to try it again! What depth were you fishing?
Joe, catnip works some time, but we mostly use White Bass. Bait of choice!

Fritz, most fish came in 5+ ft.  some were in 1-2'
Richard -- Your best catch was the other person in the boat with you. I get the feeling you are not really disappointed to be out fished by Vi.
Glad you got out and had some good ketchin'.
Hope to see you on the water soon.
I got 21 between Friday and Saturday, seemed 1-2' was where they were a at. Right at the weeds edge, tried some deeper holes with 0 luck