Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinny mid June
Setting here yanking out plenty of Rainbows this evening.

So Sad. Most look like this.
[Image: D51-E3-AB2-228-A-473-A-BF01-205269-B9-AD47.jpg]
Still fighting and swimming off ok,,
but in 2 or 3 weeks that will not be the case.

Probably my last Trout session for the summer on this Blue Ribbon Southern Utah water. 

Dammed Drought!
That's unfortunate...good choice to stop bait fishing for trout in these warm/low water conditions. They will surely all die if released. Hope for some wetter winters to come!
If you look at the USGS site https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/rt there are a lot of reds. I’ve already given up on most southern Utah streams earlier this spring as water levels dropped. Never got around to fishing the EF of Sevier despite being in the vicinity 3 or 4 times since March. Hopefully it’s holding up.  My old reliable streams for June in northern Utah have also fished extremely poorly.
The extreme drought seems to only encompass the southern third of Wyoming so my plans is to focus on stream fishing above that for the next couple months. I personally find tailwater fishing about as exciting as shooting cows in a field but if I get desperate enough I might have to reconsider it.
(06-16-2021, 07:18 PM)richyd4u Wrote: That's unfortunate...good choice to stop bait fishing for trout in these warm/low water conditions. They will surely all die if released. Hope for some wetter winters to come!

Not bait fishing, a lures only water. But you are right stressed fish will die no matter how they are caught.

As a matter of fact on this water I am talking about the hard core fly fisherman ( who should know better ) will stand on this one little point near the last deep water and kill one 20 plus inch starving trout after another come August or September.

They don’t even have the strength even make a half hearted run. I don’t get it.