Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 19
................. was down at UL / LB yesterday. Didn't stay for a second day today. Got up early and hit the road back north. Pulled into WB South about 7:00 a.m. got launched and heading out the marina by 0730 a.m.

[Image: 048-Trip-19-17-June-21.jpg]

Only a few boats, nice weather, cooler than yesterday, light breeze out of the south-west.  Found lots of fish marks in about 8 fow off the feed lot.  Put out my 2 shrimp baited lines, and let the breeze gently drift me kinda north-east ish. 

Had lots of pop and drops, a few grab and come to the boat just to let go about 2 feet away from the net..... Dodgy .

Took 2 hours for a WBCCC to take enough bait to include the hook.  Put her in the box for my dinner tonight. 

[Image: 049-Cat-1-kept.jpg]

About 12 ish decided to call it a day. Got the boat pulled out and headed to the cleaning station. And GUESS WHAT ?

It was loaded with 2 or 3 big Catfish carcasses.  Some people just don't care, and you can't fix stupid. But I was able to poke them down with my long handle needle nose with the grinder running. That cleared it. Was putting my clog fixing tool away just as another BFT'r pulled up. Doitall5000 and his grandson had quite a nice haul of eyes, and Cats. Was nice to finally put a face with the name. And as we were trading stories, ZukiBlue and the Mrs pulled up. Also with a nice catch, as usual for Gene (but he said she out-fished him)   Rolleyes  
I think there may have been another BFT'r pull up just as I was pulling out. So a small BFT meet up at the cleaning station. I know they all did better than I did. But I'm happy, I got fresh Catfish for dinner tonight. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I thought I would just add to Tin-can's good report.
After spending 3 hours on the west dike, catching only one 20 inch Walleye. Trolling cranks. We flew off to the feed lot. It's always reliable for me. Must have fished tin-cans original spot 8 feet to 12 feet deep. Very low water level s. Started getting nice strong hits from good cats got 6 and lost two. Bonus one 15 inch Walleye .
All caught on one luer, till one big cat stold it!! Had to use another holden blade bait. Different color but still was good.

[Image: 20210617-175445.jpg]

The real color that was best was white. Those lock jaw cats can really smash your lures. Twice I had to replace the trebel hooks, very weak. 8 foot deep is where we got the big cats about 10 o'clock, warm water. Nice to meet two bft buddies.
Some good walleyes were caught in the open water trolling. Some good catches at the west dike, bottom bouncing.
Try a white or shad colored SteelShad. Walleyes, wipers and even cats love them. I have done well both casting and trolling. Very similar to lure you pictured, but I think the Steelshad works even better.
Also , white bass at Utah lake ice fishing and open water the love it.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Thanks for the fishing info. I wonder if signage directing people to the location of the on /off switch would eliminate some of the issues at the cleaning station? Just a thought.
(06-18-2021, 07:09 PM)Farmboat Wrote: Thanks for the fishing info. I wonder if signage directing people to the location of the on /off switch would eliminate some of the issues at the cleaning station? Just a thought.

It might, but I kind of doubt it. It isn't that difficult to look under the cleaning tray and see the green and red buttons. There have been instructions on the station at the north marina, but they keep getting torn off. 
IMHO, it is willfully lazy and ignorant users.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool