Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Kokes 6/17/21
Headed up to the Berry to chase kokes with a buddy and the Dog. Got there about 8 fishing at 8:30 was surprised at the number of boats. Fished the fringe away from the floatilla, no kokes just a few cutts. Moved to an area away from the crowd that has been good in the past. Fished for about an hour, then decided to move back to previous area. Then of course got a koke. Still felt like a move was in order. Noticed boats had scattered and numbers had dwindled a bit. Stayed away from the mass and started catching one here and there and a handful of cutts, many dinks. One 16” rainbow . Then had a double on kokes and hit and miss, by the strike, run and release I’m pretty sure a koke. Kept working that area and ended up with a limit of 8. We lost 4 or five.Mostly 14 to 16 with one tank 20.5” that was a drag screaming jumping banshee that ended up filling the limit. Not sure if it was area or timing
Our best action was about noon to 1:30 when we filled. Hardly anyone still fishing when we quit. Caught kokes at 10, 15, 25 and 35 feet. I would say 25 was overall best with caught and lost kokes.
Silver sling blades and dodgers pink squids were the ticket. It seemed trolling a bit faster got more kokes, 1.6 mph plus. 
[Image: 3-E4-C46-D7-A9-D2-4727-80-EB-D8385-EFB9-D2-F.jpg]

[Image: F74-CABC4-1-B9-F-46-B2-8-F34-7894-D96-D20-AF.jpg]

Surface temperature 64 degrees wind was not bad but picking up as we quit. Had a buddy fish told me 20 cutts no kokes for him. Said when he quit in afternoon 3pm he talked to several boaters and they were saying not much luck for kokes?
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
That is a pig, very nice. Way to stay after them and fill out your limits.
Nicely done...buddy and I were there A.M. also, starting about 0630...got there 0530, and wanted to be fishing by 0600, but we had a boat issue that had to be dealt with .... first time on water with it this season....had to quit at 1130....Not a great A.M. for results, but not bad either...5 kokes total, 15 or 16 cutts landed...after about 0800 we were still seeing fish (mostly about 34 to 42') but the bites became few and far in between...water conditions were great, little wind only all A.M...gotta be fun having your dog aboard...
[Image: IMG-5705.jpg]

We lost a big one right at the boat last night. My daughter made that meme.
Love the meme, Losing a good koke at the boat is a bummer!!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life