Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls with FastRandy
This years Father’s Day trip was to American Falls, I have never been here before, we are camped at sportsman park in Aberdeen. We went on a boat cruise Friday afternoon and found a few smallmouth using crawdad pattern crank baits. Saturday morning Randy and I ran down to the dam and caught a nice brown and fat rainbows on jointed rapalas on the down riggers between 12-25’ going 2.5-3mph. We hooked 9 and landed 6 between 6:30-9:00am the fish we lost where because of Green slime buildup on the line getting caught in the eyes of the rod and reels. I’ll have to come back this is a beautiful stretch of River.

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-20-2021, 03:12 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: This years Father’s Day trip was to American Falls, I have never been here before, we are camped at sportsman park in Aberdeen. We went on a boat cruise Friday afternoon and found a few smallmouth using crawdad pattern crank baits. Saturday morning Randy and I ran down to the dam and caught a nice brown and fat rainbows on jointed rapalas on the down riggers between 12-25’ going 2.5-3mph. We hooked 9 and landed 6 between 6:30-9:00am the fish we lost where because of Green slime buildup on the line getting caught in the eyes of the rod and reels. I’ll have to come back this is a beautiful stretch of River.

Not all on jointed raps. We caught them on floaters also. Rainbow and  blue backed got the most hits but every rapala got hits and at different depths. I can't say we ever got a real pattern that worked. Just caught a few on each. The main thing was to be trolling as close to the dam as possible. The fish finder showed tons of fish around 30 ft deep. 
[Image: 20210619-081059.jpg]
Great report and pics Shawn, looks like you two had a great trip, those are some good looking fish, how long was the biggest one?
(06-20-2021, 10:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics Shawn, looks like you two had a great trip, those are some good looking fish, how long was the biggest one?

Ask and ye shall receive, 21”

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-21-2021, 12:06 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 10:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics Shawn, looks like you two had a great trip, those are some good looking fish, how long was the biggest one?

Ask and ye shall receive, 21”

Wow, great fish Shawn, I thought it looked big.
Dam, looks like a great trip, nice fish.