Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willard bay! 6/19
Long time viewer here, figured it was about time I threw a post on here and contribute!

You could say Walleye fishing is sort of my jam so willard has been my go to place the past few weeks or so.

Saturday we got on the water out of the south marina about 7:15ish. Came out of the marina, headed north till we were in between the feed lot 
and the south marina. Started making big S-turns west till we started marking fish. Pulling flicker shad, bottom bouncers, and bomber fat free guppies. Once we were past the island we started catching fish. 3 big wipers in a row. 4.5# 5.25# and 6.5# WOW! Once the wind died down about 9:00 the wiper bite stopped and the walleyes were on. boated several walleyes before having to head home at 12:00.

Water temp was about 73* the magic speed today was 2.2mph-2.6mph most of the fish were caught directly behind the boat and none on the
planner boards. The majority of the active fish were in 14.5' FOW and 10-12' down. Bait balls are starting to show up real thick so i'd imagine the bite will start to slow down before to long. Great day on the water, only one wake over the bow from a boarder who obviously doesn't know
what 150' looks like. I'll try to get the picture thing figured out and post some!

If you ever see a 16' alumacraft modified V with a 25hp yamaha with flames on it don't be afraid to say hi!
Thanks for the report.  Any chance you got a picture of the wake border boat?
Welcome to the site Al and thanks for the report, sounds like a great morning on the Bay, especially with catching that big wiper, did you happen to measure it?

To add pics just look below when you are typing your post, you should see some blue letters that say "Add image to post", click on it and a box will open up that says, "Choose imagine", click on that and the photos you have should open up and you just click on the one you want to add, then at the bottom right side it should say open, click on that and you pic will be added to your post.  If you can see the Add image to post" there is another method you can use but try that first.
(06-21-2021, 08:31 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Thanks for the report.  Any chance you got a picture of the wake border boat?

Unfortunately i did not, i was right in the middle of reeling in a fish.  Confused

(06-21-2021, 08:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Welcome to the site Al and thanks for the report, sounds like a great morning on the Bay, especially with catching that big wiper, did you happen to measure it?

To add pics just look below when you are typing your post, you should see some blue letters that say "Add image to post", click on it and a box will open up that says, "Choose imagine", click on that and the photos you have should open up and you just click on the one you want to add, then at the bottom right side it should say open, click on that and you pic will be added to your post.  If you can see the Add image to post" there is another method you can use but try that first.
24.75" 
[Image: IMG-5025.jpg]
Great report and welcome to the site. Look forward to reading more from ya.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-21-2021, 09:21 PM)WalleyeAl Wrote:

24.75" 
[Image: IMG-5025.jpg]

Wow, that is a great wiper, it's rare to catch one that size from Willard, congrats.
Welcome to site, glad you figured out how to attach a picture, that is a great wiper and I'm sure the others were too.  Our last trip we caught mainly the off planer boards for the first part of our day then from out the back. Hope the bite continues a little while longer. 

Look forward to reading more reports. 

Hey found some good in the play boaters - seems every time they passed by they must spooked the fish aside toward us cause we usually get a hook up - just had to put up with bit more rocking of boat, LOL Normally we have them do their best to stay away from us but the is not always the case. They haver their 'bad' behaving people just as we fisherman have ours. Stay positive try not to let it get under skin, its just not worth it, but if you can grab a picture and report them, maybe they'll learn, and you've done what what you can.
Well, if the wakeboarders are launching, it's a good sign I can still get my 17" polarcraft on Willard, at least from south.  Is the north still doable? 

Tea cup diagrams from Bureau Reclamation have Willard at 56%, Hyrum 68%, Pineview 46%..........
North may still be OK for shallow draft boats. But stay to the center of the ramp, and keep you motor trimmed up till you know you have enough water under it.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-21-2021, 07:42 PM)WalleyeAl Wrote: Long time viewer here, figured it was about time I threw a post on here and contribute!

You could say Walleye fishing is sort of my jam so willard has been my go to place the past few weeks or so.

Saturday we got on the water out of the south marina about 7:15ish. Came out of the marina, headed north till we were in between the feed lot 
and the south marina. Started making big S-turns west till we started marking fish. Pulling flicker shad, bottom bouncers, and bomber fat free guppies. Once we were past the island we started catching fish. 3 big wipers in a row. 4.5# 5.25# and 6.5# WOW! Once the wind died down about 9:00 the wiper bite stopped and the walleyes were on. boated several walleyes before having to head home at 12:00.

Water temp was about 73* the magic speed today was 2.2mph-2.6mph most of the fish were caught directly behind the boat and none on the
planner boards. The majority of the active fish were in 14.5' FOW and 10-12' down. Bait balls are starting to show up real thick so i'd imagine the bite will start to slow down before to long. Great day on the water, only one wake over the bow from a boarder who obviously doesn't know
what 150' looks like. I'll try to get the picture thing figured out and post some!

If you ever see a 16' alumacraft modified V with a 25hp yamaha with flames on it don't be afraid to say hi!
We probably saw each other out there that day. Good report. What did the wipers hit? 

If you see this boat say hello. 
[Image: MVIMG-20200815-144910.jpg]