Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Willard Bay 6/22
Left the kayak at home today and took the boat out to the bay. Put in at the south marina by 7 and headed to the feedlot. Six or seven kitties by 9 but when the breeze let up the bite fell off. 10 AM and I headed to the light pole.  In the next hour another 4 cats.  By 11, it was getting hot and the power squad started showing up.  One kept for dinner (kitty curry).  All fish where caught dragging marinated chicken on one pole and TDs infamous BELH chubettes on the other rod.  Both worked well.  10 to 13 FOW seemed to be the sweet spot.
What are you marinating your chicken with if you don't mind me asking you asking
Cut up some chicken breast the night before and put it in a plastic bag. Dump on top a couple big spoonfuls of strawberry jello and a big shake off garlic powder. Mix/shake it around the chicken chunks and leave overnight in the refrigerator. Should be bright red in the morning.
(06-22-2021, 10:41 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Left the kayak at home today and took the boat out to the bay. Put in at the south marina by 7 and headed to the feedlot. Six or seven kitties by 9 but when the breeze let up the bite fell off. 10 AM and I headed to the light pole.  In the next hour another 4 cats.  By 11, it was getting hot and the power squad started showing up.  One kept for dinner (kitty curry).  All fish where caught dragging marinated chicken on one pole and TDs infamous BELH chubettes on the other rod.  Both worked well.  10 to 13 FOW seemed to be the sweet spot.

Cats only ??  Did you see others trolling for walleyes 
Must have be a little windy.

Those big cats I caught on Friday were tough . The hooks were twisted up. Hard to pry there mouths open. I had to replace two lures with new trebel hooks. 
They sure put up a great fight.
Couple guys at the cleaning station with a half dozen walleyes. Lots of other boats trolling but no idea if they were finding any.
I was in the North Woods boat.  Took my 84 year old dad out but did not get on the water until almost 9:00 am.

We got a couple of big kitties but no Walleye.  A couple of decent Wipers came to play when the wind finally picked up about noon.  Dad broke one off, had two come off at the boat, and I had one that straightened my hooks out (should have had my drag set: I had screwed it down tight while fishing kitties at UL).

From the time we got there it was like glass except for boat waves, until almost noon.  I hate days like that.