Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry - 06/22/2021
Water temps hitting 60* F this morning and the full menu was on display... Chironomids (egg laying and hatching) early-mid morning, Callibaetis nymphs bobbing to the surface with duns on the water by 11:30a, and the Mother-of-all Damselfly hatches after lunch... covering the shoreline when I beached the tube at 1:00p.

Chironomid fishing was tough as the lake went to glass during the peak of the hatch. Nice to have a little chop to break up the surface and work the flies. Still stung a few though and picked off a couple slurpers fast twitching a Shipman's Buzzer with long (10-count) pauses in between.

Beautiful day with light, variable winds... fish were a little tough to start, but things got going once the sun got up there. 11:00a-1:00p was absolutely insane fishing the #10 Tequila Booby on intermediate line with Rickards Stillwater Nymph on dropper. I would cast, kick for 2 minutes, and then strip FAST... during that 2-hour window I rarely made it to the stop-n-strip without a hook-up! Fish were absolute tigers in this warm water... got deep into the backing a few times.

A few pics attached.

Tight lines!

Attached Files Image(s)

"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Thanks for the report and great photos.

It sounds like a great day on the water.
Nice! Miss the Berry, nothing like it!