Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lost Creek 6/25
I had my 1st day off from work in almost 2 weeks (except Sundays) and wanted to take the boat out.  Wanted to chase some kokes at the berry, but the weather looked pretty iffy, so decided to go somewhere closer.  I decided on Lost Creek.  We started late because it was raining when we got up.  We decided to go out to breakfast and hopefully the weather would clear a bit.  It did, for a bit.

We didn't get up there until 930, was going to troll for trout 1st then try for chubs at the end.  The 1st part worked well.  We pulled rapalas and flicker shads on the downriggers 25-40' deep.  The fish would come in spurts, mostly small cutts, but 3 small tiger trout as well. We doubled up nearly every time we would hook up with a fish. Tried running some surface lures, but they never got touched. Trolled to the back of the reservoir and tried for chubs where we caught them last year in 25 ft of water.  Hardly any love at all.  I could see schools on the finder, but they must have been pretty small.  Only one chub.

The sky started to darken up with heavy clouds and an occasional bit of thunder started to roll in the distance.  We decided to head back to the ramp.  We trolled back and got a great double as the sky got really dark, the wind was whipping, and a few scattered rain drops started to fall.  Didn't measure mine, but I figured over 20". My wife's nearly busted the slot, over 21.5, but just shy of that 22" mark.  We pulled everything up and made the slow wakeless run back to the boat ramp.  It was raining when we loaded the boat up.  Those last last 2 were deep, 35' on the one side, 40' on the other.  Most fish marked were that deep.

A lot of fun with my wife.  We were trolling over 2 mph and up to 2.7 at times.  They liked it fast.  

[Image: image000000-9.jpg]

[Image: image000001-7-1.jpg]

[Image: image000002-1-1.jpg]

[Image: image000002-1-2.jpg]

[Image: image000003-1-1.jpg]
Thanks for the report. we are headed up there in the morning. How was the ramp?
Still able to launch without any issues.
Thanks.
I am really suprised that those chub balls did not give you some love. Its rare that they have lock jaw if they are nearby- must of been small ones as you suggested. No kokes showed up on your lines?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
No kokes, but I didn't try for them either. I've always done really well just trolling minnow lures and yesterday was no exception. I'll wait until next year to give them a try.
Great report, surprised on the trolling speed. I haven’t planned a trip up there yet because I heard it was slow fishing, but maybe the faster trolling speed would help.
Just got back from LC.
Fishing was slow with 4 trout boated and no chub bites.
The trout were between 14" and 18".
One Bow and 3 Cutts.
A fun day on the water and nice air temps.
Sorry to hear it was slow. Apparently we had a good day. Thanks for reporting on how you did.