Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cache Valley
Some friends asked us to help them learn how to fish on a lake from the shore. They should’ve asked someone else we’ve gone a couple of times and been skunked so far. Any thoughts on the best body of water near Cache Valley to help some beginners land some fish?
I would say that a good place to try is Wellsville Reservoir.  The DWR keeps it well stocked and I think they have stocked some wiper in there besides all the rainbows.  
They should have a good chance of getting into some fish if they are just learning.

Good Luck!
Normally a worm on the bottom at Newton will catch s bunch of small perch- and I do mean small but still bites still
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I think Wellsville is a great suggestion, after a trip or two we can try the other spots that can be a little more difficult. Good luck. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Benson Marina if size doesn't matter. catch bullhead catfish all day. and a chance of hooking into one of the many other species in there.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
If you go to Benson Marina and you fish near the road bridge from the banks on either side, be sure you have everyone hang on to their poles. Cuz as soon as you let go of the pole, and set it down somewhere without a good pole holder, a big Carp or Catfish will come along and swipe the bait, line, pole, everything.  

Just ask Ahi 1953    Big Grin .
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks for all the suggestions. Benson and Wellsville were also the two spots I thought would be most likely to get us into fish. We ended up at First Dam because they were going to be over that way and we actually had a great time. Everyone caught fish. But I’ll have to go try to get into some wipers at Wellsville next week. The couple we took fishing are hooked and were talking about going every weekend.

(06-26-2021, 07:52 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: If you go to Benson Marina and you fish near the road bridge from the banks on either side, be sure you have everyone hang on to their poles. Cuz as soon as you let go of the pole, and set it down somewhere without a good pole holder, a big Carp or Catfish will come along and swipe the bait, line, pole, everything.  

Just ask Ahi 1953    Big Grin .

Almost lost a pole in high school when I was fishing from the bridge and got into a Carp. Grabbed the pole as it was launching over the bridge!

(06-26-2021, 02:11 AM)gofish435 Wrote: I would say that a good place to try is Wellsville Reservoir.  The DWR keeps it well stocked and I think they have stocked some wiper in there besides all the rainbows.  
They should have a good chance of getting into some fish if they are just learning.

Good Luck!

Didn’t know they have wipers there. Thanks!