Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Berry a little slow for us 6-25
Very nice to have my granddaughter out with me today at the Berry...I was a little worried yesterday about making it there or not, with some prospects of rain, but that was a non-issue...mostly pleasant all morning in fact...little cool at first, lots of clouds, and then a little sun for a short while...some wind about 1030, but then we were back close to the marina...Friday?? Holy Cow..looked like a major holiday out on the water today...sure glad I'm not there on a Saturday or Sunday...almost like bumper cars there a few times, especially after I netted my granddaughter's very nice 19.5" koke, and then 3 mins later she netted my (slightly smaller) 16"er...Unfortunately for us, those were the only kokes we got, and a few cutts made it a little more interesting, but still overall slow for us...seeing all sorts of marks 37 to 50', but they mostly snubbed their noses at us today...We weren't able to get lines in water 'til 0700, so I know we missed that early bite, but the good thing was..we did get lines in water, and she was pleased with a good boat ride, and catching the 'Biggun', and taking lots of pictures...
Thanks for the report Joe, too bad the kokes catching wasn't better but that's fishing, we have all been there. Any size to the cutts?
Always nice to get a few in the boat especially when out with the kids. Nice report glad the weather was good for you.
Tks JA and Curt....cutts all in that slot/release size, biggest about 18"...Very nice to get a good limit once in a while, but to me the pursuit is what's important...boat, trailer, truck, motors, all fishing gear working properly?.. that's critical... Good fishing partner? .. that's important...getting some hits and some fishing action?.. that's important...getting a 'limit'? .. that's a bonus...
Can anyone tell us what mud creek boat launch is like.? Can my 16 foot aluminum boat launch there?
(06-29-2021, 12:04 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Can anyone tell us what mud creek boat launch is like.?  Can my 16 foot aluminum boat launch there?

Here is a link to a members post that launched there recently:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1098479