Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deer Creek - 6/26
[Image: 20210626-174731.jpg]

[Image: 20210626-191619.jpg]

Great day on Deer Creek. Marked a ton on the flats but couldn't hook up, ended up fishing some points and picked up enough eyes for lunch and dinner.

One unlucky rainbow will make it's way to my buddies smoker. Lots of smallies returned to their home. 

All eyes were 16-21". 

I have given up on the others being respectful with their wake or music, which has strangely allowed me to enjoy my time out more. Guess this is the "new normal".

Was a little chilly to take my girls out this am, but they were happy to help me carve them.

Did pan seared walleye with mushroom cream sauce.

Water temps 68-70
How did you find success with the walleyes. They look very nice.
I am a steady and true lindy rigger / bottom bouncer.

I cruise around until I find marks like the picture here. Then deploy the electric motor and cruise 1.1-15 mph. I use slow death hook and a single blade with 4 or 5 beads. If the wind is really blowing I either troll cranks or throw jigs.

I attached a picture of the rig I used today as well.
[Image: 20210626-092959.jpg]

[Image: 20210626-195050.jpg]
(06-27-2021, 01:51 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: I am a steady and true lindy rigger / bottom bouncer.

I cruise around until I find marks like the picture here. Then deploy the electric motor and cruise 1.1-15 mph. I use slow death hook and a single blade with 4 or 5 beads. If the wind is really blowing I either troll cranks or throw jigs.

I attached a picture of the rig I used today as well.
[Image: 20210626-092959.jpg]

[Image: 20210626-195050.jpg]
Thank you I us the same. 
Also I like snapping a paddle tail in the moss.
I'll have to give that a shot. I havent had much (any) luck with swim baits and walleye.

I love the snap jigs in the fall, maybe I should try them now too.
It is only going to get worse !! Deer Creek and Jordanelle are the only waters that will be maintained at a fairly stable level this year, so all the power squadron will gravitate there. Get your camera out and start filming the ones that get to close and give the pics or video to the rangers. They have the responsibility to patrol the water and deal with em. All you can do !! Good catching there !!!
There were skiers on Strawberry yesterday, so nobody is immune. I wonder if they have a vaccination for that????
(06-27-2021, 04:57 PM)brookie Wrote: There were skiers on Strawberry yesterday, so nobody is immune. I wonder if they have a vaccination for that????
Even though it is common knowledge that swimmer's itch exists on Mantua, I saw one boat towing skiers behind it yesterday. People have to get their skiing fix at any cost. 
Gabe