Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mantua 7/27 look what we got..
Kids had fun on the lake in kayaks.  Caught more than bass, and cat fish.
[Image: download-20210627-094422.jpg]

photo al

The youngest didn't have as much fun. 

[Image: 20210627-093855.jpg]

[Image: 20210627-093836.jpg]

Swimmers itch !!

I wish the Mantua authorities would have a simple shower station on the nice restroom building..  hint hint
Swimmers itch can't be any fun.
When I saw all the ducks there in the spring, I wondered if they had a problem with that.

Sorry to see that
I have not seen any studies that show that taking a shower directly after water contact will prevent swimmer's itch.  Once the parasite has imbedded, which only takes a few minutes, it is there until it runs its course.
Been there done that with the swimmers itch at Mantua.  Poor guy!  Thankfully it looks worse than it feels.  Still pretty uncomfortable however!
Follow up - many kids were swimming but only the two that were in the mud and moss got the parasites.
^^ it is an allergic reaction. Not everyone has an issue with it. Seems unlikely that just those top got it though.

I've also heard slathering on the sun screen can keep those parasites from burrowing.
I have also heard that rinsing down with vinegar right after the swim works, and it takes the itch out after.  But, can't say for sure.  I'm one that does not seem to get it.
Did you go 88mph to Mantua?  I see you traveled into the future by a month!  Hope the kids get rid of the swimmers itch.  Be careful, that suff can get infected and nasty so pay attention.