Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Berry Bound 6-30-21
The week started out with the question of whether the weather was going to cooperate. Finally made the decision I will be heading to Strawberry. I was wrestling with thoughts of which one of the tri lakes I like heading to, originally was planning Fontenelle but then the Gorge was tugging at me. The Berry won, the Font is still on the list along with the Gorge.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Good luck, wish I had the time to do such things, some day I hope... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(06-30-2021, 01:24 AM)Bduck Wrote: The week started out with the question of whether the weather was going to cooperate. Finally made the decision I will be heading to Strawberry. I was wrestling with thoughts of which one of the tri lakes I like heading to, originally was planning Fontenelle but then the Gorge was tugging at me. The Berry won, the Font is still on the list along with the Gorge.

Roger,  Tom O. spent last week up at Fontenelle with his family and said the fishing wasnt very good, If you have his number you may want to give him a call.
When I got to the Berry the parking lot only had about 6-7 trailers with boats either launching or already on the water. Robert (liketrolling) just finished launching and walked by saying hi. The early bird has nothing on Robert as he got to the worm first.  Smile  As I'm prepping my boat I could see a caravan of boats coming to launch. What I thought was going to be a quick launch for myself I found I was in line getting my boat launched.  Sad  Finally got both lines in at 0630, it took a while to shake the skunk but a reliable cutty is near a guarantee for that. Looking to the skies I wasn't sure if I was going to get a Koke limit filled. The first 2 caught were about 1 1/2lbs each and I had to work in search for them. As time went on with a thunder bumper looming about I finally nailed into a 3lb hog. Watching out back I saw this brute clear the surface with dodger but neither pole had an indication yet which one it was but that didn't take long before the release went off with the rod fully bent & tight. As the storm was getting so close with rain hitting on 2 fronts on the shoreline my limit got filled with another 1 1/2lber. Hyperplaid dodger & a pink squid has been the go to for this season.
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

[Image: 64676607585-1358-F896-2-E5-E-4736-A913-9...6-B007.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1589.jpg]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
We had day such as this a few years ago we got on the water just as many were departing due to incoming weather, We made a quick big loop around, actually caught 2 koke limits and got off the water in less than 30 min! It was awesomely fast and we got off the water as the white caps were starting up.