Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boating Stinks !!
Tks Ryno et al .... I've already got my mix of 50/50 'cleaning vinegar' and water, with a few drops of 'Dawn', so I don't hurt the baby ducks..I'll try this at the Berry this Thurs, and will try finding that Pro Cure Bad Azz also..sounds good...I know the 50/50 mix won't go to waste, as I use it on my boat all the time .. just haven't added the dawn before...I have manual downriggers, so don't know if I'd have a problem with pos or neg ions,but I'll still check it out with a meter. Does that have to be done while on the water? I've always been really careful about the sunscreen, putting it on at home, then washing, but maybe from now on, I'll then wash with dawn or some ivory soap before heading out...Last year, on a 3 day trip to the Gorge, with 2 (definitely expert) fishing buddies, I outfished them both on 2 days...one guy had told us that his new 100 spf sunscreen was no deterrent to the fish, so they both used it while on his boat...I didn't use it..Pretty sure the sunscreen was the culprit for them...Tks again all for input..now I need that first fish to wipe my hands .. and lures on!...Guluk...
Now something to chew on. Is vinegar a attractant, deterrent to fish or neither?
It is an acid after all. Just wondering, I use vinegar on a lot of things for cleaning but not fishing stuff??
Just throwing a curveball and wondering? Any opinions would be welcome.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life