Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 4th of July
Just wanted to say have a Happy 4th of July.  I have been to a lot of other countries in my Military days, some bad, some good, a few great, but none as great as the USA.

God bless the USA!
I second that !  Spent 6 years in the UK, and while I enjoyed my time there, the one holiday they didn't share with us Yanks was July 4th.

Hmmmm..... wonder why.   Big Grin
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Viet Nam, 1969...Crazy 'Fireworks' in and over shore line jungles of coastline....at that time, and now, I was glad to be a young sailor observing from my ship, USS Vancouver....and my thanks to any of you who may have been lighting off some of those pyrotechnics...Yes, my flag is out..
Did you get to see the flyovers of F35s yesterday? Every time we hear/see sites like that we give special thanks in our hearts for the freedoms we have. We too have spent time overseas and its amazing how much you missed celebrating it.

FYI - In Iceland they set off crazy fireworks on New Years eve in celebration. The small villages each have huge bonfires that are usually started using old boat hulls - and locals can toss ANYTHING on them - including wash machines, microwaves etc.  When asked why they do this and what were they celebrating - They told us, 'out with old in with the new' - Its NEW Years!! You'll never see sites like that in the USA. 

Nothing felt so good as to return to the states and feel the USA under your feet once again. Its a special feeling for sure. 

Happy 4th!