Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against my Rules 3 July 2021
#1  Don't fish on Sat. or Sun.
#2  Don't fish on Holidays
#3  Never ever fish Holiday week ends

Well! I broke all three. Because of various reasons that may sound like lame excuses Vi and I just haven't been getting out as much as last year. This last week has been an especially  busy week and couldn't find a break to get out. Laying in bed Fri. night Vi says, lets get up early and go to Lincoln beach and fish. So we did.

We were the first to get the ramp wet. With the light breeze, it was comfortable wearing a jacket until the sun peaked over the hill.

When we reached deeper water, enough to allow a few minutes of drift time, I played with the new Ultera Remote until the right buttons were pushed and the motor deployed. What a neat tool to have.  It was even better to sit, push another button and watch the motor stow itself. No more crawling around the bow pulling and twisting to get the motor stowed, all the time hoping I could avoid falling overboard.

We fished out in front of first spring for a while, time enough to get Vi a 28" bumper. We released a few mid twenties then headed east toward the river to fish for a couple more hours. We released more mid twenties and a 27" ugly guy ending the morning having releasing twenty plus one mudder.

Despite the Holiday weekend it wasn't that bad as far as boaters go. No encounters of any kind. We didn't have to cuss anyone, at least I didn't.

We were able to get back in and loaded up with no waiting on the ramp .  It turned out to be a pretty good day despite my thoughts of what I had anticipated.

rj
Rumor has it the water is getting too low to launch a big boat so I suspect the ski and wakeboard crowd is not showing up.
Nice Richard you have me ulterra jealous. I just got a a brand new power drive that after trade in with mine ended up costing me chump change. I got the Co pilot with it which is new to me so I won't be strapped down to a foot pedal in that big boat I have. But now I just need to be able to get out there. I'm sure glad to read one from you two that sure is great
You will love the new Ulterra.
Best part is launching your boat without getting out of truck, parking your truck/trailer, then calling your boat back to you at the dock. 
You don’t even need to get a rope or bumper out.
You will also catch more fish with it. The auto/stow feature will prompt you to quickly fish little areas you otherwise would have passed by because you did not want to be bothered by dropping your old motor.
Enjoy!