Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle today
Thanks for posting. Jordanelle has taken a while for the Kokes to heat up this year. And we havent been finding them in the same places as in previous years. Great looking fish though. One thing we know about that place, you will be home by noon. The power squad forces you off by 10:00
To get that boat floating again, assuming it is floatable, I would try getting a p250 (250 GPM) pump and use the discharge to wash out a channel under it. That's just me being cheap and sometimes ingenious.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(07-07-2021, 10:59 PM)catfishbait Wrote: Thanks for posting. Jordanelle has taken a while for the Kokes to heat up this year. And we havent been finding them in the same places as in previous years. Great looking fish though. One thing we know about that place, you will be home by noon. The power squad forces you off by 10:00

After the slow start this year I wasn't sure it was going to turn on, glad it finally did. Sticking it out as long as we did on Tues was tough, wish we had got on them earlier but that's the way it goes.
(07-07-2021, 08:52 PM)stan55 Wrote: I was up there today as well and managed to scratch out a limit. Biggest topped out at a hair over twenty. Released several under 12s. Glad to see them and hope to catch them next year. Hyperplaid dodgers pink and white squids and speed was 1.8 to 2. Tried orange as that usually works well but no takers. Fish for me were hanging around mid 30s depth. I have noticed that the Rock Arm fishes better early and the main bay at entrance to arm fishes better towards 10am or so. Did mark a couple of schools but fish are still scattered. Makes for some long trolling runs and lots of S curves. All my fish hit the rod that was accelerating during turns. May kick up the speed next time. As usual bows were around but mostly at 20 foot depths.

I thought you were going North to Montana this week are you back already? Sure glad to see some of those bigger Kokes coming in this year. With the Berry slowing down and the Nelle being closer, it's hard to drive that extra hour to maybe catch a limit. We tried speeds up to 2 & 2.2 but never caught a fish. For us only one bow on this trip and no other fish other than kokes. So were you up there on Weds? If so was that beached boat still there?
I use Berkeley maggots most of the time, I have natural white , pink and chart all seem to work. I admit I like pink and chart sometimes I use one of each. I have tried corn unscented and some I scented myself, I caught some fish but it was a pain in the butt to me to keep it cold and fresh. I have some fire corn. Keep planning to try one side of boat with it and the other with Berkeley. But I’m too busy catching fish with Berkeley maggots to try it. I haven’t even opened the bottle yet but I take it along. One of these days I compare it to Berkeley maggots and see what happens
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Beached boat was gone. One quirk of late. I had quite a few Kokes bite right in the middle of the power squadron action. They didn't seem to mind the ruckus. Wave runners still put them down though. As to the maggots, I have been tipping the top hook with either fire corn or salad shrimp soaked in scent and dyed pink. Shrimp worked the best. Trailing hook still tipped with maggots.
(07-08-2021, 08:12 PM)stan55 Wrote: Beached boat was gone. One quirk of late. I had quite a few Kokes bite right in the middle of the power squadron action. They didn't seem to mind the ruckus. Wave runners still put them down though. As to the maggots, I have been tipping the top hook with either fire corn or salad shrimp soaked in scent and dyed pink. Shrimp worked the best. Trailing hook still tipped with maggots.

I called Jordanelle state park and the girl I talked to did not know what happened with the boat but I'm glad to hear they got it off the shore. I was wondering if all the up and down movement of the boat might trigger the fish to bite. Good to know the fire corn is working.
I did catch one Koke semi-jigging. I had just netted a Koke. Boat was in idle speed as I reeled it in and was bouncing around when a nice Koke hit my other rod. That rod was probably 60 ft down at the time as I was still slightly under power. My Montana and Wyoming fly fishing was decent. Caught more whitefish than trout. With temps in the low 70s it was a pleasant break.
Cool, I have had that happen when it settles and flutters down.
Your Montana trip sounded like mine on the Bighole, it was low warm water more whitefish than trout. But nice getaway and beautiful country. Beaver head was fishing better, colder water flowing from the dam helped. The guys that fished it had nice dry fly action for nice browns. We drew the short straw and ended up on Bighorn. Still fun times.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life