Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not koke less a Jordanelle today
Took my little sister and my niece out to try and get them into some kokes. We got in into a few but only a few. They are winning the battle on me this year up
There, and I guess getting even for the great past success .
We fished for about 4 hours, then the power squadron really took over, kills me how they want to be near the fishing boats when the lake was flat and plenty of open area. They would power right by quite close and just wave hi , tsunami rolling and music blaring. Oh well it got much worse than I thought for Wednesday after the holiday. I usually try to be off by 10 but was trying to see if we could get a few more.
We ended up with 4 kokes 3 small ones and one nice 20.5 incher, got 3 or 4 rainbows and a brown about 19inches let most of the trout go a couple bows got messed up with hooks so kept 2. A small koke drowned when the wake boat chop was so bad the boat was bouncing and rocking side to side. When we called it quits, I had no idea he was on just pulled in the gear and felt a bit heavy there he was LOL. So that’s how my day went.
PIC OF THE 20.5 incher my niece got.

[Image: BC5-D2087-EDD7-440-A-B41-D-30-A9-F2-F3-BE99.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
That big kokes is a nice one, too bad they all aren't that big there. Nice going on the brown too. All those boats make for some tough fishing at the Nelle. About what time did you catch the big koke, early or late like we did yesterday?
(07-07-2021, 11:34 PM)Mildog Wrote: Took my little sister and my niece out to try and get them into some kokes. We got in into a few but only a few. They are winning the battle on me this year up
There, and I guess getting even for the great past success .
We fished for about 4 hours, then the power squadron really took over, kills me how they want to be near the fishing boats when the lake was flat and plenty of open area. They would power right by quite close and just wave hi , tsunami rolling and music blaring. Oh well it got much worse than I thought for Wednesday after the holiday. I usually try to be off by 10 but was trying to see if we could get a few more.
We ended up with 4 kokes 3 small ones and one nice 20.5 incher, got 3 or 4 rainbows and a brown about 19inches let most of the trout go a couple bows got messed up with hooks so kept 2. A small koke drowned when the wake boat chop was so bad the boat was bouncing and rocking side to side. When we called it quits, I had no idea he was on just pulled in the gear and felt a bit heavy there he was LOL. So that’s how my day went.
PIC OF THE 20.5 incher my niece got.

[Image: BC5-D2087-EDD7-440-A-B41-D-30-A9-F2-F3-BE99.jpg]

Beautiful fish.  Love Kokes!

Question for you. The DWR measures Total Length, which is from the snout to the tip of the tail. Fish scientists most often use Fork Length, which is from the snout to the fork of the tail. On a fish of the size pictured, the difference would be about 1.5". Same fish, different length. I prefer fork length, which is more consistent and what I was taught in my Ichthyology class at UCLA.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
I used the tip of tail measurement, typical fisherman want the biggest number LOL
I measured it carefully, I think it’s the biggest We have caught up there in the last 4 seasons, have gotten a fair number 19 plus and a few about 20”
This one was the longest and quite chunky. It sure put up a great fight, several long drag screaming runs and a couple jumps. It fought as well as any we have caught anywhere. She did a great job of handling it and bringing it to the net.
For wiper hunter got the fish about 9:30 am.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life