Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake koke help.
Heading down to Fish Lake to target Koke's for the first time at that lake. With that lake being colder and spring fed, does the lake still stratify or are the Koke's normally spread out in the water columns? Thanks in advance for any advice.I'll give a report when I get back.
All I can say is good luck. FL is the toughest lake for me to catch kokanee at. You should be able to see the schools at whatever depth they are at on your FF. Getting them to bite is a different story, At least for me.
Thanks for the help. Ill follow up if I can put a pattern together.
I fish fish lake alot! By alot maybe 4 times a year but for as far as it is for me I consider that alot! I've never caught a koke there but good luck!
I do OK there.. dont treat it much different than any other lake. I usually just cruise sa.ddle to sa.ddle in 100-120 ft of water. Adjust the downriggers accordingly, moon jelly before sun up, and green after it's up has helped.

I usually do better with maggots than corn, but always take both.

Wish I could be if more help, but I really don't treat it any different than any other lake.

Good luck! If you see a 16 ft green pro deep V say hi, I'll be up there this weekend.

(For some reason they put a frown face whe I wrote s a d d l e, so I added a period.
Three years ago at FL I could do no wrong, it was limit after limit after limit.
One morning I fished on my own and I pulled four Kokes and about an 8lb Mac in barely more than 10 minutes. It was one of those magical moments, but just a fluke.
Two years ago I barely scratched out a limit in 3 or 4 days.
Last year I don’t think I caught any during the open season but did catch two beautiful red fish in October.
I am not the world’s best fisherman, but I can usually hold my own.
I am going down next week, and to give me an edge I just ordered a FishHawk thermometer.
Now I am just crossing my fingers the Amazon Man brings it to me before I leave town.
[Image: E906-DAEB-FCCE-48-EC-859-F-33161-DD01930.jpg]

[Image: 18098-F24-8934-41-F5-9-F65-17634286-F23-A.jpg]
You will like the fish hawk, it’s a great tool to have in your box. But, don’t rely on temps alone. I find I catch a lot of kokes in temps they are not supposed to like. On a recent trip out of state, we got 21 in 66 degree water 0nly 10 to 20 feet down. Had to go to 60 feet deep to find water temps in the high 50’s only fish we got that deep was a brown. Go figure.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
stay above the boats that are  fishing for rainbows once you find them stay on them.  I fish for them the same way I do at strawberry.
Thanks for all the help. I had to delay my trip till this weekend, but I'll let you know how I do.
(07-10-2021, 05:16 PM)liketrolling Wrote: stay above the boats that are  fishing for rainbows once you find them stay on them.  I fish for them the same way I do at strawberry.

What do you mean by above?