Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish in N Idaho
Anyone have any suggestions and tips on best places to catfish in N. Idaho?  Kids are wanting to get more into bringing home catfish.  Live in Post Falls so pretty much anywhere in the Panhandle is acceptable.

TIA
(07-09-2021, 09:32 PM)Bronconut208 Wrote: Anyone have any suggestions and tips on best places to catfish in N. Idaho?  Kids are wanting to get more into bringing home catfish.  Live in Post Falls so pretty much anywhere in the Panhandle is acceptable.

TIA

I lived in Moscow Idaho for many years and my best catfish spot was in Washington on the snake river at a place called Central Ferry, there is a state park there for camping and fishing inside the park at the marinas, but the best place is out side the Park. My spot is south of the park, go across the big bridge that crosses the main river then you will come to a smaller bridge and causeway that crosses a slough where they load grain barges. Under that smaller bridge and along the causeway made up of large rock is where I would fill coolers with 3-8lb channel cats every July. I new it was time to go when we had had a solid week of 90 degree temps in Moscow, the catfish use the rocks to spawn and they will be in there in good numbers. Under the bridge there is a current that runs left to right for a period of time and then it switches to right to left going back an d fourth all day. My set up was a #2 hook and a split shot under a slip bobber baited with half a night crawler. I like the slip bobber that uses a bobber knot on your line, because you can adjust it so that your worm is just above the rocks but does not hang up as much. the fish will be anywhere from a couple feet oof the bank to 20ft. off the bank and you will go deeper the farther the fish are off the bank. I would angainst the current and drift my set up past me mending line keeping the belly out and watching for my bobber to go under. PM me if you have more question and I'll give you my phone number and we can chat.
(07-09-2021, 10:02 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 09:32 PM)Bronconut208 Wrote: Anyone have any suggestions and tips on best places to catfish in N. Idaho?  Kids are wanting to get more into bringing home catfish.  Live in Post Falls so pretty much anywhere in the Panhandle is acceptable.

TIA

I lived in Moscow Idaho for many years and my best catfish spot was in Washington on the snake river at a place called Central Ferry, there is a state park there for camping and fishing inside the park at the marinas, but the best place is out side the Park. My spot is south of the park, go across the big bridge that crosses the main river then you will come to a smaller bridge and causeway that crosses a slough where they load grain barges. Under that smaller bridge and along the causeway made up of large rock is where I would fill coolers with 3-8lb channel cats every July. I new it was time to go when we had had a solid week of 90 degree temps in Moscow, the catfish use the rocks to spawn and they will be in there in good numbers. Under the bridge there is a current that runs left to right for a period of time and then it switches to right to left going back an d fourth all day. My set up was a #2 hook and a split shot under a slip bobber baited with half a night crawler. I like the slip bobber that uses a bobber knot on your line, because you can adjust it so that your worm is just above the rocks but does not hang up as much. the fish will be anywhere from a couple feet oof the bank to 20ft. off the bank and you will go deeper the farther the fish are off the bank. I would angainst the current and drift my set up past me mending line keeping the belly out and watching for my bobber to go under. PM me if you have more question and I'll give you my phone number and we can chat.

Is that over by Pomeroy?  

Thanks Master Kenobi