Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another hot day out of Lincoln Beach
Vi and I launched the boat at LB at 0600, the water temp in the marina was all ready 80* water depth in the channel was 2.5-2.6. Just out side the channel the temp was 78, a bit to the west it went to 79 and it wasn't long before it heated up right along with ambient.

We fished near the springs for awhile with little success, 2 cats and 2 WB. We moved over closer to the orchards and did less. The most we got was warmer as the sun came up. Then it got hot!

I have been wanting to fish in front of Mud Lake so we made the run over there. About the time we were going to call it quits there, we came across a few cats willing to play. We stayed with them best we could. Vi put another 28" in the boat, she needed something larger for another bump. Didn't happen.

About 1100 it got really hot, the temperature. We decided to start working our way back to the marina and were able to pick up a couple more. When I found out I was fishing with out bait I decided I had a fever or heat stroke because I sure wasn't with the program.

Our count for the day was 2 WB and 15 Cats , 22"- 28"

rj
That was nice of you to fish without bait to allow someone else to catch all of the fish.   Angel
Richard did you recover from the sun. I think you said from fishing with you before you were sensitive to it and the heat. Maybe I remember wrong. But either way I hope your ok and sounds like it was a decent day.
(07-10-2021, 04:35 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Richard did you recover from the sun. I think you said from fishing with you before you were sensitive to it and the heat. Maybe I remember wrong. But either way I hope your ok and sounds like it was a decent day.
The older I get the more effect it has on me. It really draws the energy from me. When I go out I cover up pretty good pluss sun screen.

rj
(07-09-2021, 10:47 PM)r2u2 Wrote: Vi and I launched the boat at LB at 0600, the water temp in the marina was all ready 80* water depth in the channel was 2.5-2.6. Just out side the channel the temp was 78, a bit to the west it went to 79 and it wasn't long before it heated up right along with ambient.

We fished near the springs for awhile with little success, 2 cats and 2 WB. We moved over closer to the orchards and did less. The most we got was warmer as the sun came up. Then it got hot!

I have been wanting to fish in front of Mud Lake so we made the run over there. About the time we were going to call it quits there, we came across a few cats willing to play. We stayed with them best we could. Vi put another 28" in the boat, she needed something larger for another bump. Didn't happen.

About 1100 it got really hot, the temperature. We decided to start working our way back to the marina and were able to pick up a couple more. When I found out I was fishing with out bait I decided I had a fever or heat stroke because I sure wasn't with the program.

Our count for the day was 2 WB and 15 Cats , 22"- 28"

rj

Hi Richard, I'm glad you guys are getting and and finding some good fish. I saw the report from the west side before I saw this one so I know that was a fun trip and you got some good numbers. Trying a different area is often a good move when the air is hot and the cats aren't. I say anytime the water is above 65 to 70 degrees and you aren't catching fish, move! They are biting somewhere. I don't have much experience when it is over 80. I might learn some about that this year Undecided

We just need to find those 30+ fish again to keep the northern boys on their toes!

Keep having fun out there!