Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I Mentioned I Love Lost Creek?
I did a solo trip this morning. I got up early (4:30) and was on the road by 4:50.  Stopped for gas then ran up to Lost Creek.  1st boat at the ramp and to launch at 6:15.  

[Image: 20210710-062540-1.jpg]
Air temp was 46 degrees, water temp was 68.  Had the lines in the water on the riggers at 6'30.  By the time I got to the main bay, I had boated 8 cutts.  Most were small, a couple were slot fish.

[Image: 20210710-064322.jpg]

[Image: 20210710-065016.jpg]
Went around the long peninsula and up the other arm.  They were all deep, 35'-50', with 38'-45' being the most productive. Had a few doubles, and nearly all the fish were cutts. I was pulling a rapala and a flicker shad going over 2.0 mph.  If I dropped below that, the catching slowed.  Most fish struck when doing S-curves. I like to bury my lines pretty deep in the clips to get good hook sets.  Rarely does a fish pop the line out of the release.  At 7:20 am, after releasing a nice cutt, my other line went down hard and popped out of the clip.  I could tell it was a bigger fish. It did not disappoint, stretching the tape almost to 23".

[Image: 20210710-072219-1.jpg]

[Image: 20210710-072413.jpg]
Cutts were the flavor of the day and they liked what I had to offer.  I ended up with 29 cutts, 2 rainbows, and Koke.

[Image: 20210710-073517.jpg]

[Image: 20210710-094518.jpg]
I got to play a little bit with my new koke rods, they are going to be really nice.  Had 2 other kokes on, but they self released at the boat.

I finished the morning trying to fill my chub  supply.  Not too bad either.

[Image: 20210710-143711.jpg]
I love that little lake.  Great morning on the water.  Surface water temp got up over 72 degrees in some areas.  No wonder the fish are deep.
Great report, sounds like an awesome morning on the water, congrats on the nice cutty. How big was the koke? Good haul on the chubs too. Did you see many deer on the drive in?
Koke was under 12".  They really need another year.  Lots a deer on the way in.  Their tan summer coats make them an easy spot out in the hayfields.  Also a big flock of turkeys.  The resident bald eagle made an appearance out on the lake as well as the ospreys.Yes, it was a great morning.
(07-10-2021, 09:34 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Koke was under 12".  They really need another year.  Lots a deer on the way in.  Their tan summer coats make them an easy spot out in the hayfields.  Also a big flock of turkeys.  The resident bald eagle made an appearance out on the lake as well as the ospreys.Yes, it was a great morning.

I figured the kokes would not have grown much in the last month but i was thinking some might be a little bigger, than the 11.5 inchers we caught. Seeing all the animals up there is almost as much fun as catching the fish but the way, there are some chuckers up there that we hear and sometimes see.
Great bunch of fish there Paul.   I might need to make a trip up to LC to get away from the heat and big boats. 
That looks like a long walk down that ramp. I better take one of my boys so they can park the truck and pick it back up when we leave   Huh . 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(07-11-2021, 12:38 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:34 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Koke was under 12".  They really need another year.  Lots a deer on the way in.  Their tan summer coats make them an easy spot out in the hayfields.  Also a big flock of turkeys.  The resident bald eagle made an appearance out on the lake as well as the ospreys.Yes, it was a great morning.

I figured the kokes would not have grown much in the last month but i was thinking some might be a little bigger, than the 11.5 inchers we caught. Seeing all the animals up there is almost as much fun as catching the fish but the way, there are some chuckers up there that we hear and sometimes see.
I have heard them up there too in the past, but not this trip. I enjoy seeing the wildlife as well.
(07-11-2021, 12:44 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Great bunch of fish there Paul.   I might need to make a trip up to LC to get away from the heat and big boats. 
That looks like a long walk down that ramp. I better take one of my boys so they can park the truck and pick it back up when we leave   Huh . 

Not really Forest, about the same as Willard's North ramp, just a little steeper. Not sure where Paul parked but when we were there last month we parked just to to right of the launch in that sandy area and two others parked to the left on the rocky shore line. If you get there later there is an area on the left side of the road as it curves toward the top where people park but even if that is all full it isn't too bad of a walk to the top parking area.
(07-11-2021, 12:44 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Great bunch of fish there Paul.   I might need to make a trip up to LC to get away from the heat and big boats. 
The temperature in the morning was great, almost jacket weather, but it sure warmed up 
quick when the sun came out.  Yes it is a long walk down the ramp.  It is quite a ways now with the low water.