Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/12 - None and done
Loaded up the kayak this morning and headed to the north marina. Fishing by 7 and home by noon.   Got my first skunk at Willard since May 4th.  Saw lots of bait balls and a grundel of dead baby shad floating on the surface.  I'm guessing the game fish are plenty full and didn't want or need my baits.  Well, you don't know if you don't go!
(07-12-2021, 09:44 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Loaded up the kayak this morning and headed to the north marina. Fishing by 7 and home by noon.   Got my first skunk at Willard since May 4th.  Saw lots of bait balls and a grundel of dead baby shad floating on the surface.  I'm guessing the game fish are plenty full and didn't want or need my baits.  Well, you don't know if you don't go!

Thanks for your information,  does look bad. What was the bird activity like?  I bet they can't fly with big bellies. 
I still wonder if evenings  might have some wiper busting the shad, boils. 
Does anyone have any news?
Fat Bikers report (thank you very much) confirms my assumptions that fishing had probabably slowed on Willard due to the plethora of bait fish. Is there a time later in the year that the bait fish thin out and the walleye become more responsive to crank bait offerings?