Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 7-12
I can't seem to  put up pictures so here is my report.
I fished at Rockport yesterday.
(07-14-2021, 01:51 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: I can't seem to  put up pictures so here is my report.
I fished at Rockport yesterday.

I can help you post your pics if you want but can you at least say if you caught any fish, were fishing from shore or a boat?
Lots of SMALL-mouth bass. 7-8". No perch, no trout, 3 bald Eagles were seen. Little boat.
Be careful at the ramp, your trailer and truck tires will sink in the mud. I advise keeping the fronts out of the water.

I have pics of the depth sounder marks, but the file is to big to put up and I don't do dropbox or any hosting sites.
(07-15-2021, 02:10 AM)Gone Forever Wrote: Lots of SMALL-mouth bass.  7-8".  No perch, no trout, 3 bald Eagles were seen. Little boat.
Be careful at the ramp, your trailer and truck tires will sink in the mud.  I advise keeping the fronts out of the water.

I have pics of the depth sounder marks, but the file is to big to put up and I don't do dropbox or any hosting sites.

Thank you for the report, lots of sm bass being caught this year, In past years the parks guys would use a bulldozer to clear that mud off the ramp, I wonder why they haven't done that is year. You can send me your pics at this email address and i'll get them added for you: bigfishtackle@yahoo.com
They have used some kind of machine to clear the ramp but the clearing of the ramp only goes a few feet into the water. There is a good 100' of cleared ramp above the present waterline. It takes the ramp from 4 lanes to 2 lanes as they have piled the dirt on the north side of the ramp.

Just the kind of thing you want to walk out in to see how deep the mud is going to be for you. I have no idea where the end of the ramp is. My small boat does not need much depth to launch.
OK, sounds like they have already done it then, at least once, they will likely do it again when it get lower. If I remember correctly, the original ramp was only two lanes and they extended to four lanes many years later, when the water level was higher.