Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chasing smaller Krome in July
My wife and I started the week on Sunday with a trip to Smith and Morehouse. Had heard from some friends that they did well in the rivers leading into the reservoir. We didn’t find much fishable water near the Ledgefork campground. 

Had a kayak and a SUP in the truck so we went to the ramp and fished the lake. Had a few bites but nothing on the line. We did see some wildlife with a large buck coming to take a drink at waters edge. There was a moose and another deer grazing in the shrubs as well. Put on a kastmaster and trolled a long line around the dam on our way to pull off for the night. Finally got a bite and it was a small Kokanee. 

Monday we headed to Causey to hopefully get a few more kokes. Trolled around all night and finally found one willing participant 50’ down in 150’ of water. That kept us at the lake past dark but only one more fish. 

Tuesday my wife decided she’d fish with me and we went back to Causey. Lucky for me because she caught the bigger of our 3 kokes and the only one of the night. Several bites but not much else. I tried all depths and colors. 

Fun chasing the smaller kokes in the lakes near by.
Any grayling surfacing at SMH?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-15-2021, 05:10 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Any grayling surfacing at SMH?

We saw fish surfacing but could not tell if they were grayling.