Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun With Vintage Lures - Can You Name Them All?
Many thanks to  BFT member who let me have a chance to raid the vintage family tackle box. I have been drooling for a couple days as I sort through some angling history.

Got to share a few - here is a photo and a couple close ups. To make it intresting...Whomever can name the most can pick one out and I will send it to him/her. 

(I am still sorting out what some of them are Smile )

[Image: 20210716-174004.jpg]

[Image: 20210716-174009.jpg]

[Image: 20210716-174011.jpg]

[Image: 20210716-174014.jpg]

site to upload photos
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow, I recognize one, JUST ONE, well a second one but don't remember the name.
Blue fox pixee
Acme Steel-Lee spoon
Egb Blinker missing hooks and flicker
Miller Colorado spinner
Pflueger spoon …forget the name
Wordens spin n glo steelhead spinner
Dickie mother of pearl spoon (might be a compac spoon)

I’ve seen a couple of the others can’t remember who made them or what they are called.
Cool stuff.
Ps if I get the most don’t need to send one keep
Them for your collection.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Here is 2 I used in the late 60's into the early 70's. Still have them. 

[Image: Hell-Bender.jpg] 

The red lure is a Whopper Stopper Hellbender produced by Heddon, the other is a Bomber Waterdog called the Crocodile 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I'll have to set some up for pictures. I still have all my grandfathers and fathers 40 and 50's plugs from Lake Eire and Canada.
(07-17-2021, 01:59 PM)Bduck Wrote: Here is 2 I used in the late 60's into the early 70's. Still have them. 

[Image: Hell-Bender.jpg] 

The red lure is a Whopper Stopper Hellbender produced by Heddon, the other is a Bomber Waterdog called the Crocodile 

Hmmm, I think I have those same two.  LOL  My wife went through my lure 2014 and took away all of my lures that were old.  I have some that I have collected from when I started buying in the 60's, but I have a lot as well from my dad and that I found ad pawn shops, etc., that are much older.  Her plans are to one day put them in a display box.
The top left spoon is a Pflueger Wobbler, there are two on my driftwood/lure display. Caution, don't bump into it in the dark. Cowboy, I have a box of old tackle you could rummage through if you want to add to your collection.

[Image: 20210717-104712.jpg]