Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/19 Bakers Dozen
Put the boat in the water at the south marina about 6:45.  Drug chub chunks behind me on Santee rigs around the feedlot.  Wind was just right so I drifted.  Found the kitties in 12 FOW.  Ran out of baits a little before 11.  Fishing was consistent all morning long, about a fish every 20 minutes or so with a couple doubles. Final count was lucky 13. Brought one home for dinner and left the others for another day.  Met Burley in the parking lot.  Nice meeting you.  It's always nice to be able to match a face with a boat.
Good to hear the fish are still hitting.
Thanks for the report Larry, I guess the catching is pretty much over for anything beside cats now, not hearing any other reports from anyone else.
Are you seeing any birds diving, fish boils ??
(07-19-2021, 09:45 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Put the boat in the water at the south marina about 6:45.  Drug chub chunks behind me on Santee rigs around the feedlot.  Wind was just right so I drifted.  Found the kitties in 12 FOW.  Ran out of baits a little before 11.  Fishing was consistent all morning long, about a fish every 20 minutes or so with a couple doubles. Final count was lucky 13. Brought one home for dinner and left the others for another day.  Met Burley in the parking lot.  Nice meeting you.  It's always nice to be able to match a face with a boat.

Are they getting any bigger?

rj
(07-20-2021, 01:53 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Are you seeing any birds diving,  fish boils ??

Not so far.

(07-20-2021, 02:26 AM)r2u2 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:45 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Put the boat in the water at the south marina about 6:45.  Drug chub chunks behind me on Santee rigs around the feedlot.  Wind was just right so I drifted.  Found the kitties in 12 FOW.  Ran out of baits a little before 11.  Fishing was consistent all morning long, about a fish every 20 minutes or so with a couple doubles. Final count was lucky 13. Brought one home for dinner and left the others for another day.  Met Burley in the parking lot.  Nice meeting you.  It's always nice to be able to match a face with a boat.

rj

Seems like 23 inches is about as big as I see. If it wasn't so far I'd come down and catch some real fish.
(07-20-2021, 03:43 AM)FatBiker Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 01:53 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Are you seeing any birds diving,  fish boils ??

Not so far.

rj

Seems like 23 inches is about as big as I see. If it wasn't so far I'd come down and catch some real fish.
Hard to beat the ones out of Willard for eating quality.
Larry, I didn't see your PM till I got home yesterday. We were launching about same time, but didn't recognize the new boat. I must have been watching for the SS Rocky  Shy .

Glad to see you did well out there.  Now I realize that the boat I saw up closer to the wall was you.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(07-20-2021, 03:43 AM)FatBiker Wrote:

Not so far.

rj

I would think by now you would be seeing larger fish. Most likely a few larger ones out there some where.

I understand the travel thing. If I still had my house in Ogden ,I would head on up there for a day or two spending the night,  but it's getting harder to make one day trips. When it starts cooling down in Sept. I might give it a go.

rj