Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry fishing 7/20 early birds catch the…
Met up with my buddy Jason, who when talking we realized we had not fished together in over a year!
We hit the road at O Dark Thirty, we were rolling shortly after 4 am had lines in the water by 6:15. Had to run with nav lights on, haven’t done that in a long time. We started nailing them right away 4 on at one time several multiples it was crazy!!! Problem was they were all #%#!! Cutts. Could not keep them off at any speed and or color blade combo it did not matter!! Very frustrating we lost count at how many we caught, more cutts than I can remember catching when not trying!!
Big time frustrating. Multiples swimming together tangling lines, messing up hooks and gear. Hard to keep rods in the water. For over 2 hours in the same area I and others had caught Kokes recently!!
Depths from 30 to 60 feet down.
Finally at just after 8:30 like a switch flipped, a nice koke on, as I was netting it, another koke started an airborne acrobatic display with dodger flying, it alerted us to a double. We kept working around the area and ended up with 7 great kokes by 11am (** could have slept in!!)  The two biggest were just shy of 20”. Best depths were 30 and 40 about equal. One was at 45 feet.
Best Speed for us was 1.6 to 1.7 with some varying and turns.
We Tried from 25 to 60 feet down but no kokes for us at deeper depths. Did get cutts at 60.’
I’m Not a bear lake cutt fan, except when they are in BEAR LAKE. Can’t complain how the day ended up, good to get out on a beautiful
Day with a friend.
Here are some pics.

[Image: 071-FB70-E-6-E05-409-D-A779-AD250022-F8-AD.jpg]

[Image: 229886-D9-2-C02-462-E-8-E4-A-55458-FDB4-C39.jpg]

[Image: 791-B3-F8-F-DA52-47-B4-AC83-D38-DB7-DBA8-E4.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Very nice kokes.  Cutts are fun...sometimes.  But pretty annoying when trying for something else.  Nice report.
Sounds like a great day after 8:15 lol, yea the cutt action has been crazy, but some nice kokes for you guys. Sometimes you have to do some weeding to get the crops, well done ?