Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Nemesis Palisades
PaliSades has my number, after a little success catching kokes last year I had high hopes of building on that success this year,  but it is not working out that way this year. Randy and I gave it a go this morning, and he got one brown and I hooked 2 cutthroat and a grundle of foot long chubs. Thermoclein is deep at 115’ we chased the marks around 50’ and 100’ with no kokes harmed. If my wife would let me I would go back to Ririe tomorrow where I  have more confidence.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sometimes it takes years to figure out certain lakes but at least no skunk happened. From your pic, it looks like the lakes water level is not too bad. I have never heard of a thermocline being that deep. What were you using to judge the thermocline depth?
(07-24-2021, 04:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sometimes it takes years to figure out certain lakes but at least no skunk happened. From your pic, it looks like the lakes water level is not too bad. I have never heard of a thermocline being that deep. What were you using to judge the thermocline depth?

Fish Hawk, I checked it several times in different locations it was 55 degrees at 115’ surface temps about 74 degrees. The water is down but not the lowest I have seen it there’s 150 yards more beach than last year it’s probably down 50+ feet and dropping several feet a day as they are spilling a ton of water to keep the crops irrigated.
Wow, that is interesting, I did not realise the thermocline ever got that deep.