Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 28
Was hoping that the lower water levels would be keeping the bigger power boats away. Got launched at WB south at just before 7 a.m. this morning. Light breeze out of the north, only 3 other trailers in the lot, quite a bit of smoke from wild fires. 

[Image: 079-Trip-28-24-July-2021.jpg]     [Image: 080.jpg]  

Got first Cat boated about 730. A small-ish youngster. 
Boated 4 more before calling it quits at 1130. Each one got a bit bigger than the one before but 3 of them swallowed the bait and hook so far down, had to cut the line.  

[Image: 081.jpg]  [Image: 082.jpg]   [Image: 083.jpg]   [Image: 084.jpg]

So, a more or less standard day for me.  Things got a bit more entertaining once I was tied to the dock and was sitting in my truck.
  I was waiting for a woman that was attempting to pull a big wake boat trailer into the space 2 places over from me.  She was having a real wrestling match with backing, turning the wrong way, making trailer go where she didn't want it to go. Well I just patiently sat there and watched. I guess she must have seen me grinning (and laughing a little)  Big Grin .  On her last failed attempt, she yelled something at me. I rolled down my passenger window, and she repeated " can you help me".  Well maneuvering another persons rig just isn't something I normally do.  I did see one of the guys from her party walking back from the dock to the truck, so I figured he was going to help her. She got out of the truck, walked over to my drivers window and said several things, none of which were bad. But while she was talking, I pointed to the sign directly behind her head that says parking for seniors and disabled only May-September. She passed the info on to her assistant and he got the rig straightened out and drove off to park it down in the lower lot.  I gently explained to her that if the DNR came thru and didn't see a handicap tag or a senior park pass, they could possibly ticket the vehicle. And last time I had any dealings with an incorrectly parked vehicle in a handicap space, it cost the driver $125.00.   
She seemed to appreciate the info and walked on down to her waiting boat.  Well that was my free comedy entertainment for the day. I got loaded up and headed out.

I got to the access road stop sign across from the baffles, stopped, looked right...clear, looked left...clear, started to pull out in my right turn, took another quick look to the left..... and for a split second I thought I was going to have a collision with a light plane that looked like it was landing on the road....  Exclamation .   It was a crop duster that was so low over the slight hill it looked like it was on the road. Maybe the pilot saw the look of  ohhhhh  crap... in my eyes. But he pulled up in about a 2g climb, cleared my truck by less than 100 ft, barely cleared the high power transmission lines, pulled a climbing left bank and headed north. 

OK, that was enough entertainment and excitement for me.  Headed home.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(07-24-2021, 10:44 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Was hoping that the lower water levels would be keeping the bigger power boats away. Got launched at WB south at just before 7 a.m. this morning. Light breeze out of the north, only 3 other trailers in the lot, quite a bit of smoke from wild fires. 

[Image: 079-Trip-28-24-July-2021.jpg]     [Image: 080.jpg]  

Got first Cat boated about 730. A small-ish youngster. 
Boated 4 more before calling it quits at 1130. Each one got a bit bigger than the one before but 3 of them swallowed the bait and hook so far down, had to cut the line.  

[Image: 081.jpg]  [Image: 082.jpg]   [Image: 083.jpg]   [Image: 084.jpg]

So, a more or less standard day for me.  Things got a bit more entertaining once I was tied to the dock and was sitting in my truck.
  I was waiting for a woman that was attempting to pull a big wake boat trailer into the space 2 places over from me.  She was having a real wrestling match with backing, turning the wrong way, making trailer go where she didn't want it to go. Well I just patiently sat there and watched. I guess she must have seen me grinning (and laughing a little)  Big Grin .  On her last failed attempt, she yelled something at me. I rolled down my passenger window, and she repeated " can you help me".  Well maneuvering another persons rig just isn't something I normally do.  I did see one of the guys from her party walking back from the dock to the truck, so I figured he was going to help her. She got out of the truck, walked over to my drivers window and said several things, none of which were bad. But while she was talking, I pointed to the sign directly behind her head that says parking for seniors and disabled only May-September. She passed the info on to her assistant and he got the rig straightened out and drove off to park it down in the lower lot.  I gently explained to her that if the DNR came thru and didn't see a handicap tag or a senior park pass, they could possibly ticket the vehicle. And last time I had any dealings with an incorrectly parked vehicle in a handicap space, it cost the driver $125.00.   
She seemed to appreciate the info and walked on down to her waiting boat.  Well that was my free comedy entertainment for the day. I got loaded up and headed out.

I got to the access road stop sign across from the baffles, stopped, looked right...clear, looked left...clear, started to pull out in my right turn, took another quick look to the left..... and for a split second I thought I was going to have a collision with a light plane that looked like it was landing on the road....  Exclamation .   It was a crop duster that was so low over the slight hill it looked like it was on the road. Maybe the pilot saw the look of  ohhhhh  crap... in my eyes. But he pulled up in about a 2g climb, cleared my truck by less than 100 ft, barely cleared the high power transmission lines, pulled a climbing left bank and headed north. 

OK, that was enough entertainment and excitement for me.  Headed home.
 Well if nothing else, you sure had a day of all sorts of entertainment and excitement.
About a month ago, I parked at the south marina and had a young guy inform me that the parking was for vehicles with boat trailers only. I pointed at the senior handicapped sign and explained that I was both.
When I owned the SS Rocky kayak, I carried it on the roof of my vehicle on specialized racks. I always parked in the trailer lanes - and put a big note on my dash that said I was a boat owner and the vehicle is my trailer. Never got a ticket, fortunately.

Funny is it not? The two major complaints about park officers are that they don't ticket enough violators, and that they ticket too many people for nothing.
The part of my post "And last time I had any dealings with an incorrectly parked vehicle in a handicap space, it cost the driver $125.00 "
I will have to admit was a incident involving....me  Dodgy 
I was parked in the Senior / Disabled area at south marina, back about 8 years ago. I had a Utah Handicap Tag  hanging in my window that was well within the expiration date. I had just climbed in the truck to get backed down the ramp and a DNR truck pulled up in front of me.  He was quite friendly and polite, asked me how the fishin had been (it was one of my skunked days) then in what seemed like an afterthought, he asked if the handicap tag was mine. I said, yes it was. He asked if he could please see it. I took it off the mirror and handed to him. He opened it up, and on the inside was the name ending with my last name, but not my first name.   Dang it !! My wife (ex) and I had gotten our tags mixed up somehow. 
Well the ticket he wrote cost me $125.00 on a small technicality.  That ticket prompted me to do the work involved to get  permanent handicap plates on my truck. And since then when I was eligible, I have purchased a senior state annual day pass.  

I have seen other  tickets on rigs in that lot, but not knowing what they were for, I would bet they were more likely for not displaying a paid entry day pass.

Cool
Park pass, senior pass, mussel pass, trailer tags...next, we'll have to show our shot records, voting registration and an original (no copies) birth certificate.
(07-26-2021, 06:53 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Park pass, senior pass, mussel pass, trailer tags...next, we'll have to show our shot records, voting registration and an original (no copies) birth certificate.

Shot records....????   I got 3 completely filled up yellow shot records from USAF.  But I'm guessing that isn't the ones you are referring to.  

Big Grin   Big Grin

Cool