Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 7/26
Fished Echo Monday 7/26. Arrived 6:30 and was fishing by 6:45. I was the only person on the lake until 8:30 or so. Then 2 kayakers and one power boat showed up but they stayed on the south end of the lake. There were a bunch of people by the dam fishing from shore.

Water temp was 72 degrees.
I caught 1 Rainbow about 13 inches, released.
 1 dink Perch released.
 1 dink Bass released.
A bunch of really light bites. I tried various different colors of jigs etc. I couldn't get another fish.

About 10am the carp starting crusing the surface and when I'd get close they would take off and dive. Some of them were HUGE. So I decide to at least get a little action and try for them. I put on a bobber and left the jig on that was tipped with a worm about 12 inches down. A couple of casts later the fight was on. Never did catch anything that was real big like some of the ones I saw. I caught 5 with the biggest around 20 inches then decided to call it a day. Think I'll try Deer Creek next.
(07-28-2021, 12:15 AM)lovetofish Wrote: Fished Echo Monday 7/26. Arrived 6:30 and was fishing by 6:45. I was the only person on the lake until 8:30 or so. Then 2 kayakers and one power boat showed up but they stayed on the south end of the lake. There were a bunch of people by the dam fishing from shore.

Water temp was 72 degrees.
I caught 1 Rainbow about 13 inches, released.
 1 dink Perch released.
 1 dink Bass released.
A bunch of really light bites. I tried various different colors of jigs etc. I couldn't get another fish.

About 10am the carp starting crusing the surface and when I'd get close they would take off and dive. Some of them were HUGE. So I decide to at least get a little action and try for them. I put on a bobber and left the jig on that was tipped with a worm about 12 inches down. A couple of casts later the fight was on. Never did catch anything that was real big like some of the ones I saw. I caught 5 with the biggest around 20 inches then decided to call it a day. Think I'll try Deer Creek next.

I'm surprised the catching was so slow, at least you got a few tugs. Did the carp fight better than the carp?