Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry question
My son and I are going to Strawberry and do some bank tangling on Sunday. I have never been to Strawberry, is there anywhere in particular I should try from the bank?
This map is courtesy of TubeDude: 
The easiest places to fish from shore off Hwy 40 is Chicken creek and Chicken creek East and the Ladders.

[Image: STRAWBERRY-LABELLED.jpg]
(07-28-2021, 04:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: This map is courtesy of TubeDude: 
The easiest places to fish from shore off Hwy 40 is Chicken creek and Chicken creek East and the Ladders.

[Image: STRAWBERRY-LABELLED.jpg]

The places that wiperhunter2 mentioned can be good, except, especially this year, the water is extremely warm and all of the areas mentioned would likely hold few fish, because of the water being too warm.  I would recommend Haws Point (the water is a little deeper there) or better yet, the area around the dam, on the Soldier Creek side.
I second the Haws point area or soldier creek damn, the spit near there and the shore west of the dam toward the mouth of the channel. Good access and deeper drop offs which should be better in these hot conditions. Last weekend there were fair numbers of people shore fishing there. Not sure if success but it should be a good bet for some success.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
As a followup to my response. I have been having great success fishing, from my boat, in ~60' of water for cutthroat. The temperature, at the water surface, is reaching just over 70 degrees, which is way too warm for trout. They are apparently moving to that deep water to find cooler temperatures.
A friend and I visited Haws Point about a month ago and the water was super low.

Planning to be down at Strawberry all day tomorrow.
(07-28-2021, 12:51 PM)OK_Sooners Wrote: My son and I are going to Strawberry and do some bank tangling on Sunday. I have never been to Strawberry, is there anywhere in particular I should try from the bank?

Well we ended up not going anywhere to fish. My son came down sick so we could not get out. Oh well, there is always another day. One way or another we will get out and do some fishing sooner or later.