Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
Met with Pat today at the north marina. By the time we launched the chop on the water was perfect. Cowboy and Cookie arrived and it was a pleasure to meet and chat with you. Really enjoyed the both of you. Pat got out first and I followed him shortly Water temp was 78 out through the channel . By the time I got to the point at the mouth of the channel.  Cookie had landed 2 already. Great job. Took me a bit to locate willing fish but they were in 10 to 11 ft of 80 degree water. I was dragging a santee rig with cherry chicken and a blue/silver flig on the other with chicken. The first hit came bout 8:30 on the santee . Netted that one and there was lots of fish marks on the finder so i stayed right there. Just a few minutes later the flig rod was doing the bouncy jig and brought that one to the net also. Just a few minutes later the flig produced again. This was the smallest one for me today. Then all of a sudden she was airborne out of the net and the hook was removed already. Instead of letting her go my idiot part came out and I grabbed her and got stuck deep. but got her to the basket. By that time my middle fingers were stiff and swollen and the hand was going numb. The poker had broken off in mu finger and I couldnt close my hand. Managed to get it out and headed to the dock. Wanted to make the drive home while I still had some feeling in my hand. Ivee been poked by plenty of catfish before but not like that. Soaked it when I got home and just now getting some feeling back. Note to self:  Dont do that again dummy,
[Image: DSC00069.jpg]

upload pic
(07-29-2021, 07:11 PM)lee! Wrote: Met with Pat today at the north marina. By the time we launched the chop on the water was perfect. Cowboy and Cookie arrived and it was a pleasure to meet and chat with you. Really enjoyed the both of you. Pat got out first and I followed him shortly Water temp was 78 out through the channel . By the time I got to the point at the mouth of the channel.  Cookie had landed 2 already. Great job. Took me a bit to locate willing fish but they were in 10 to 11 ft of 80 degree water. I was dragging a santee rig with cherry chicken and a blue/silver flig on the other with chicken. The first hit came bout 8:30 on the santee . Netted that one and there was lots of fish marks on the finder so i stayed right there. Just a few minutes later the flig rod was doing the bouncy jig and brought that one to the net also. Just a few minutes later the flig produced again. This was the smallest one for me today. Then all of a sudden she was airborne out of the net and the hook was removed already. Instead of letting her go my idiot part came out and I grabbed her and got stuck deep. but got her to the basket. By that time my middle fingers were stiff and swollen and the hand was going numb. The poker had broken off in mu finger and I couldnt close my hand. Managed to get it out and headed to the dock. Wanted to make the drive home while I still had some feeling in my hand. Ivee been poked by plenty of catfish before but not like that. Soaked it when I got home and just now getting some feeling back. Note to self:  Dont do that again dummy,
[Image: DSC00069.jpg]

upload pic

There's an old saying "If you mess with the bull, you get the horns".  That could just as well be "If you mess with catfish you will get the spines."  Been there, done that.  Ouch.  Sorry for your early termination.  I stayed out in deeper water and caught about 15 before running out of bait for the day.  Will post my report and pics later.
It was good you meet up with you Lee. Hope to do so again. Cookie will be posting a report including a video of an amazing catch i made with Pat Star whirl-a-fliggy
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cherry chicken??
(07-29-2021, 08:47 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Cherry chicken??

chicken marinated in cherry jello