Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon- any reports?
I fished East Canyon yesterday with my sons.
It was a maiden voyage for my new Merc 9.9 trolling motor.

Of course we trolled and used the down riggers in pursuit of Bows and Kokes.
No Kokes this trip but we did boat some very nice Bows.
Chunks and no anchor worms. 

Love the new trolling motor.
It was extremely cold first thing in the morning and the smoke was with us the whole time that were there.
Launching was not a problem.
Yes, the reservoir is very low but we stayed close to the dam and we had plenty of water.

The company was also very good.
Thanks for the report Dale, I think I'm going to give it a try this week, haven't fished EC in a couple of years now. Would be great to caught a wiper or koke but it I mostly hope it isn't like Jordanelle with hordes of power boats there. Does the 9.9 kicker also charge your batteries and is elec start?
(08-08-2021, 07:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report Dale, I think I'm going to give it a try this week, haven't fished EC in a couple of years now. Would be great to caught a wiper or koke but it I mostly hope it isn't like Jordanelle with hordes of power boats there. Does the 9.9 kicker also charge your batteries and is elec start?

Yes it has both. It also has trim. After seeing yours, I knew what I wanted.
It is an extra long shaft and works great on my Starcraft Superfisher.

I looked every where for this motor and was very fortunate to locate one in SLC. Lee's told me it would be next year before he would get any. Same for Fred's in Ogden.
(08-08-2021, 09:12 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 07:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report Dale, I think I'm going to give it a try this week, haven't fished EC in a couple of years now. Would be great to caught a wiper or koke but it I mostly hope it isn't like Jordanelle with hordes of power boats there. Does the 9.9 kicker also charge your batteries and is elec start?

Yes it has both. It also has trim. After seeing yours, I knew what I wanted.
It is an extra long shaft and works great on my Starcraft Superfisher.

I looked every where for this motor and was very fortunate to locate one in SLC. Lee's told me it would be next year before he would get any. Same for Fred's in Ogden.

Did you buy it new or used? That is nice to find one with trim. Sure is nice to have one that you don't have to start with a rope, as we get older, all the pulling is hard on your arm.
This was a take off from a boat that they sold. It is a 2019 with full warranty.
It shows no sign that it was ever used.
(08-09-2021, 01:59 AM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: This was a take off from a boat that they sold. It is a 2019 with full warranty.
It shows no sign that it was ever used.

That sounds like a great deal.