Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First trip of year. Utah Lake
First trip of the year. The pandemic has kept me close to home, but finally I got the boat running like a Swiss Watch and it was time to launch for a test drive and do a little fishing.

Wrongway Johnson and I headed for Lincoln Beach and joined 3 other boats that had trailers in the launch area and a handful of fishermen that were wading near the springs. The lake is getting low so one has to exercise caution when in the jetty.

The fishing wasn't extraordinary, but we were just happy to catch a few white bass and spend a few hours under the summer sun. Noon rolled around and up popped the thunderclouds so we left the lake. 
Lots of shorebirds of several varieties to add to the days delights.
I'm off the Alaska in a few days, but I will be able to depart knowing that when I return the boat is running exceptionally well after a couple of lengthy and expensive repairs and Ill be able to fish for the balance of the summer and into the fall. A great blessing for an old man.

One thing of note; there was a 25" Northern Pike carcass on the launch ramp. I have no idea what the story of that dead fish is, but I do know I would have liked to caught it and I hope there are plenty more out there. As you can surmise from that , I prefer to catch Northerns above all fish in Utah and don't necessarily agree with the UDWR's management of them. Oh well, enough ranting! Just an old man's thoughts.

[Image: wb-on-deck-24.jpg]

[Image: ww-white-bass.jpg]
Hey Steve, good to hear you are back among us.  If you can find a place to launch your boat when you get back let me know and I'll join you for a long overdue fishing trip.
Pike are also a personal favorite fish of mine. Although if you asked why I would struggle to explain my attraction to them. I would not complain about a few additional locations to chase the with out spending my savings on gas. Post some photos of your upcoming Alaska run. I will enjoy the memories they bring back..
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew